Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To do - De Palm Island By Bus(fullday)

To do - De Palm Island By Bus(fullday)

Has anyone done this? What are your thoughts? How good is the snorkeling? What kind of food is served? Any additional information would be great!

Thank you in advance.

De Palm Island By Bus(fullday)

Best snorkeling spot on Aruba!! Spend a full day enjoying spectacular coral formations and marine life. Swim, snorkel, or just simply relax.
    Inclusions: Transportation, Food & Beverage, snorkel equipment & instructions, guided snorkel tours, the new Blue Parrott Waterpark with 6 slides and about 70 watergames and beach facilities. Kids 0-2 years free, kids from 3-12yrs half price on regular price.

Optional activities: Snuba & Seatrek

CARNIVAL SPECIAL $10 OFF per couple.( Regular price $93 p.p)
    Valid from Jan 15 to Feb 24 2009

Did it for the first time last year and it was interesting but we won't be going again.

Food was typical all-inclusive fare, edible but not something you crave once you leave. The main dining area had a decent variety and there was a stand making hot dogs and hamburgers at the other end of the snorkeling area.

The snorkeling is great and terrible at the same time. The blue parrot fish will all but take the food out of your hand, making it a great experience. The problem was that it was extremely crowded and some of the kids were screaming and/or chasing every fish they saw. The snorkeling area is roped off making it hard to find a little open water at times but the sheer number of fish and eels compares favorably to many of the areas on the island.

If you want somewhere to drink on the beach while the kids have fun, you might want to consider it. It really all depends on what you're looking to do while you're on the island as I'm guessing you're coming in on a cruise ship.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Its a lot of $$$, water park is tiny, great for 10 and under. Maybe think about the 1/2 day there vs the whole day.

Thank you for the feedback. My g/f and I are going to be there next Monday for just over a week.

We are looking for something fun to do to break up the week. Let me know if you have any suggestions, thank you.

Try one of the snorkle cruises or sunset cruises. They are all good. We especially love the depalm boat, the 100 ft Palm Pleasure. Fab boat, great crew, open bar, all equip you need, 2 stops...can't go wrong. Worth the $$$ IMOP. cindyo

Cindy, are you referring to the 4 hour Palm Pleasure Snorkel Adventure for $61 and the 3 hour Happy Hour Snorkel Sail for $53?

If the snorkeling is better, I would definitely prefer to go on this trip. We are also staying near Malmok, how would you compare the shore snorkeling there to the trips offered by De Palm?

Thank you again!

Yes, I can't say enuf great things about that boat, and I believe that is the current prices. ( went up since last year). The boat is 100 ft long, plenty of room for guests to wander, large nets to hang on. We did both cruises( susnet and the 3 hr snorkel) last year, and will probably do only the sunset( 2 hr) one in april. We love it, check out the gallery here to see pictures of the boat, and our group who went.
    Four hours seemed a little long for us, had to "budget our valueable time...lol..cindyo

Quote Originally Posted by DuKe View Post
    Thank you for the feedback. My g/f and I are going to be there next Monday for just over a week.

We are looking for something fun to do to break up the week. Let me know if you have any suggestions, thank you.
    Try the Ocean Safari, formerly know as Master Blaster. It is a 90 minute experience on the water. It is a combination ride and island tour. We all loved it and whomever we have recommended it to also thought it was fantastic. I think the "tour/ride" schedule is 11 am or 2pm.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

We've done all of the Pal Pleasure cruises and strongly recommend them to everyone that we know headed down to Aruba. As mentioned, the staff is excellent and the snorkeling is fantastic. One word of warning though, the Antilla snorkeling stop is in 60 or so feet of water. I love it but it makes my wife a little uncomfortable to snorkle in water that deep.

You will get more environmental variety on the palm pleasure cruises, but the fish were more concentrated at DePalm Island. Although the time my wife and I did the snuba package at the Antilla we were surrounded by an immense school of fish. It was very cool and somewhat uncommon according to the guide on that trip.

Baby Beach Natural Pool Moomba Beach (the nights I remember) :)
    Hey Duke me and my friends will be on the island from Feb 18th to Mar 2nd. So if you run into any big Afro-Americans with Boston accents Say Howdy. We have signed up for the snorkel events tied in with the Kukoo Kunuku they seem like they will be fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast