Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Does anyone know if the old Aruba golf course is still open

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    40

    Does anyone know if the old Aruba golf course is still open

    Years ago my husband and I played there. Neither of us were very good, but we had a great time. The price was reasonable, we could play together, no pressure. It's one of my favorite memories of our many trips there. I think it would be fun if I could do it again it next month with my daughter.

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,158
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ar...!4d-69.8895402

    here is the link
    if you look at the satellite view, it looks like it needs to be "fertilized and watered"

    your other options are divi links and tierra del sol


    Quote Originally Posted by jackieg View Post
    Years ago my husband and I played there. Neither of us were very good, but we had a great time. The price was reasonable, we could play together, no pressure. It's one of my favorite memories of our many trips there. I think it would be fun if I could do it again it next month with my daughter.

  3. #3
    Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Natural Pool
    Posts
    349
    It's closed. Try Divi on Wednesday or Friday, they have a two person scramble, cost is $75pp and includes clubs, cart, 2 drinks, 9 holes and a sleeve of Divi logo balls.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,025
    I had no idea there was a golf course over there!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  5. #5
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,158
    yup
    it was open up til i am thinking maybe 8 or 10 years ago.
    i might be wrong though. it may have remained open a little longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I had no idea there was a golf course over there!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    97
    I played there last November (2016) with a friend of mine who was over from the UK. I'm no golfer but it was good fun. Motorised golf carts too but course was mostly moss and cinders. Cost was minimal about $20 as I recall with quite a few locals playing at the weekend. As long as you don't expect too much, it's a good morning or afternoon. Will try to find out if it's still open.

  7. #7
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,158
    wow...i had no clue.
    i was told that it had long closed.

    Quote Originally Posted by elephant_guy View Post
    I played there last November (2016) with a friend of mine who was over from the UK. I'm no golfer but it was good fun. Motorised golf carts too but course was mostly moss and cinders. Cost was minimal about $20 as I recall with quite a few locals playing at the weekend. As long as you don't expect too much, it's a good morning or afternoon. Will try to find out if it's still open.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    97
    I must be honest it looked quite run down, maybe it was on its last legs or maybe it's not really for tourists. It's off the beaten track and nowhere near the normal visitor areas. We rang for a few days in the morning on +2975842006 and eventually got through to someone. We went down there just after 10am and there was a single guy working, nice chap, we hired clubs, gave us a buggy and off we went. Would suggest anyone interested try ringing the above number or just turn up and try your luck.

    http://www.1golf.eu/en/club/aruba-golf-club/

    I can assure you that the course looks nothing (not even close) to the picture on the above link....



    Mick
    Last edited by elephant_guy; 10-17-2017 at 12:07 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Natural Pool
    Posts
    349
    They are actually open. We drove in the parking lot and saw somebody out in the distance in a golf cart. I went around to the clubhouse and it was all unlocked but not a soul around. They did have a sign 15 for 9 holes and 10 for clubs, I would guess that was florins.


    Does anyone know if the old Aruba golf course is still open-img_2318.jpgDoes anyone know if the old Aruba golf course is still open-img_2319.jpgDoes anyone know if the old Aruba golf course is still open-img_2320.jpgDoes anyone know if the old Aruba golf course is still open-img_2321.jpgDoes anyone know if the old Aruba golf course is still open-img_2322.jpg

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,025
    Thanks for the update!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO