Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drag racing

Eagle Beach and love venturing out throughout the whole island

Drag racing

Does Aruba have Drag Races anymore?

Hi Arubadebbi.

Yes, Aruba's dragracing sport is the sport with the most spectators on Aruba. Every other weekend there is a race, and 4 to 6 times a year there is a large international race where many US, Puerto Rican competitors including competitors from Curacao, Bonaire, Venezuela and others travel to Aruba to compete with their cars and/or motorcycle.

Aruba's track is IHRA certified where most competitors compete for points in the Summit points series. Aruba won the Summit point series twice if I'm not mistaken.

Most cars do run bracket races here, but often enough there are heads-up challenges.

The dragstrip location is at Palomarga, on the way to the caves via San Nicolaas. Hope to have informed you accordingly and to be of help.
    Last edited by Ommi; 10-12-2010 at 11:05 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks ommi

it is so good to have another aruban that is able to give us pertinent information.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thanks ommi

it is so good to have another aruban that is able to give us pertinent information.
    You're very welcome Andrea. Just trying to be of assistance. I happen to know it since I do have a dragracing car. Btw, their last race for the seasong will be toward the end of this month. They may have a street legal race next month but it ain't confirmed yet.

We will be there in January and February. Will there be events then? On a web site in the past it didn't have anything listed.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Beach Boy View Post
    We will be there in January and February. Will there be events then? On a web site in the past it didn't have anything listed.
    Hi Eagle Beach Boy,

As far as I know their first race will be until March. The reason why they are often closed during January and February is because of the Carnival Season which has always proven to have very little attendance at the track. This often gives the competitors more time to repair their car and prepare for the season.

Furthermore, most people are busy with all the festivities arround during carnival season and most spend a lot during this time as well. For my car it doesn't matter much when we are running in the 12 second to 10 second category, because the car can easily withstand the small torture. But when we are running in the 9 seconds and 8 seconds category that is another story. The original engine with the modification plus being streetable does put some good pressure on the car and the engine is running each pass at almost the maximum power possible. That can easily break something in the engine. Lucky it has not happened yet. Its sure fun to see a '95 Corvette do a wheelstand and run 9 or 8 seconds in a quarter mile while fishtailing to the finishline.

Here's the schedule!

They have a website....
    http://www.arubaraceway.com/category/shedule/event/

Eagle Beach and love venturing out throughout the whole island
    Ommi
    Danki, I have been going to Aruba to 9 years and have been trying to find where the drag racing is. Love the sport, I am there Nov 13th to Dec 1st not sure what the schedule is for the year but would love to see a good race...ArubaDebbi

Baby Beach and the Marriott Ocean Club smokey joes and happy hour by the beach
    is there a store at the track to by tee shirts to bring back to boston

Quote Originally Posted by qlaval View Post
    Here's the schedule!

They have a website....
    http://www.arubaraceway.com/category/shedule/event/
    Yes, this is it. Thank you Qlaval. One note though, schedules may get changed at times or cancelled due to unforeseen issues, but make friends with some drivers since they are more up to date with the events. They are all great bunch of people who like to have fun and keep everything fun and safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast