Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drag racing

Quote Originally Posted by arubadebbi View Post
    Ommi
    Danki, I have been going to Aruba to 9 years and have been trying to find where the drag racing is. Love the sport, I am there Nov 13th to Dec 1st not sure what the schedule is for the year but would love to see a good race...ArubaDebbi
    That is great. So, you'll be in Aruba for the Hot Import night on the 27th. Those are great and exciting races. You'll see 4 cylinder cars running 7 seconds in the quartermile or close the the 6 seconds. Other imports are running in the 10 or 9 seconds but very fun to watch because it takes a lot skills to keep these cars going in a straight line. A lot of these cars have their stock chasis with a lot of modifications that the cars' structures can barely handle the power. Many do wheelies on their take off and then dance their way to the finish.
    Last edited by Ommi; 10-15-2010 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    is there a store at the track to by tee shirts to bring back to boston
    Often times not, but during big events you may. A few reasons are it is during the bigger international events that there are more tourists visiting the track; many teams have their own t-shirts for sales. So, just walk up to any of those teams in the pit area and ask them if they have any. They get very excited with your interest in their team. They love to talk mechanics and racing. A few of the teams that usually have t-shirts are Brazilian Flash, Don Flip Racing Team, The Boss racing just to name a few.
    Last edited by Ommi; 10-15-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Baby Beach and the Marriott Ocean Club smokey joes and happy hour by the beach
    OMMI thank you for the info i will check it out next time i am there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12