Aruba Beach

Thread: Driving directions to the Donkey Sanctuary

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.

Driving directions to the Donkey Sanctuary

I remember seeing directions to the Donkey Sanctuary on this site a couple of years ago. I used the search feature but didn't come up with anything. Can anyone provide the directions from the high-rise area? I have been there every year for the past four years, but I have gotten lost three out of the four times. I know there is a certain charm in the getting lost and found again, but my family is not a fan of that route. If I am going to convince anyone to go with me, I need good directions!

Thank you!

Aruba since 1979
    i took some of this from the donkey web page

and i will search around looking to see if there were better directions posted here

Directions
    Turn inland at the ROTARY near the Tropicana Resort. There will be a Texaco station on the left. Follow that road. You will go around the rotary 180 degrees and continue straight...medical school on the right, fire station set back on the right continue going straight , you will go past AMADEUS restaurant and Capfe Capri bar/restaurant and somewhere along the line this road turns into 4A.
    At the Pizza Hut in Paradera take a left turn. At the second intersection, just before Ayo Rock formation, you will find the white/brown road signs to the sanctuary and within 5 minutes you can pet the 67 (total of 117) donkeys.

Opening hours:

Saturday - Sunday 10 am - 3 pm

Monday till Friday 9 am till 4 pm.

QUOTE=SuperBunches;228739]I remember seeing directions to the Donkey Sanctuary on this site a couple of years ago. I used the search feature but didn't come up with anything. Can anyone provide the directions from the high-rise area? I have been there every year for the past four years, but I have gotten lost three out of the four times. I know there is a certain charm in the getting lost and found again, but my family is not a fan of that route. If I am going to convince anyone to go with me, I need good directions!

Thank you![/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-08-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Please let me know if you have been here. My son wants to go, wondering if its worth it?

Aruba since 1979
    admission is free
    donations accepted and encouraged

sure is worth it to go
    it may cost you taxi fare, or if you rent a car it'd be a nice few hr adventure

Quote Originally Posted by maryj0w View Post
    Please let me know if you have been here. My son wants to go, wondering if its worth it?

Smile Donkey sanctuary

It is a lovely place we always struggle to find it too! We were there in July and the signs were being reprinted. After the rocks follow the road round and then look out of the left hand side. Enjoy!

Signage is adequate

We just went there and the signs were adequate. One key was to go on 4A past Paradera, then turn left after the Pizza Hut. Just when you think you're going the wrong way, you'll see a small, painted sign "Donkey Sanctuary" at several key points. The final turn is to go left into a driveway with several houses and the Donkey Sanctuary itself.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum tomofb

Quote Originally Posted by TomOfB View Post
    We just went there and the signs were adequate. One key was to go on 4A past Paradera, then turn left after the Pizza Hut. Just when you think you're going the wrong way, you'll see a small, painted sign "Donkey Sanctuary" at several key points. The final turn is to go left into a driveway with several houses and the Donkey Sanctuary itself.