Aruba Beach

Thread: Driving Your 4 x 4 to the Natural Pool?

Driving Your 4 x 4 to the Natural Pool?

People sometimes ask how easy, or how difficult it is to drive on their own to the Natural Pool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKB1jSWXij0 notice about 1:27 into the video the rear right tire of the vehicle coming up entirely off of the ground?

Being a long time mountain 4x4er.......
    Not a good idea in an SUV type vehicle of that type. He also took an incorrect path on his decent.....

This is much easier in a Jeep, HOWEVER.... I would strongly caution folks about thinking this can be a simple trek!!!! Things like this can turn into something very dangerous in a BIG hurry!!!
    Yachting Summer 2011 .... Mainship Sedan Bridge "Knot Geezers"
    Surf Club Aruba
    Delray Beach
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ocean & Surf Clubs Aruba

OK... so where would be a good place to take a Jeep off road without only a moderate risk of killing oneself?

Quote Originally Posted by kdecker View Post
    OK... so where would be a good place to take a Jeep off road without only a moderate risk of killing oneself?
    Anywhere but the Natural Pool or really the area between the collapsed Natural Bridge and the Natural Pool. Some folks do make their way that way, but there are no "real" paths. Elsewhere through for example, Arikok National Park, you can see the paths pretty clearly and are for the most part smooth, though dusty.

abj
    we took a jeep wrangler down to the pool. the path we took didn't seem as bad as that one. but i have done some offroading in jeeps over the years and am comfortable doing so. i was suprised at the roads to it being a big attraction and all. just have to take your time and be careful.

This is much easier in a Jeep, HOWEVER.... I would strongly caution folks about thinking this can be a simple trek!!!! Things like this can turn into something very dangerous in a BIG hurry

agreed.

Easy paths were behind the lighthouse, they were pretty long and bumpy. Fun for a new off roader.

The natural pool was a blast, but at one point we took a wrong turn and had to ride out a pretty treacherous path. I have some 4x4 experience, but that was insane.