Aruba Beach

Thread: Eagle or Manchebo Beach for a Day - Where to Park, Get a Chair?

Eagle or Manchebo Beach for a Day - Where to Park, Get a Chair?

As we usually stay at the Renaissance, we do not frequent beaches other than Renaissance Island. However we do, at times, enjoy visiting beaches near the resorts.

For daily trips, we have done Baby Beach, Arashi Beach and Boca Catalina.

At the resorts, we have gone to Palm Beach a number of times. When we go to Palm Beach, we go to "Moomba Beach" on Palm Beach between the Surf Club and the Holiday Inn. It's easy to park and rent a chair, and there is a nice snack bar.

My question, is there any place similar to Moomba Beach on either Eagle Beach or Manchebo Beach where we can go for the day? We want to park, rent some chairs and have a drink and a snack.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    I have some friends that just returned from a cruise and they paid, (i do not know the amount) to use Manchebo beach chairs and huts.

In years past, lots of the resorts up and down palm and eagle beaches would gladly rent out chairs/shade huts for day trippers like cruise folks.

I am uncertain how often it happens during crowded season.

There is a beach vendor on Eagle Beach (not affiliated with any hotel) located between Paradise Beach Villas and Chalet Suisse who rents beach chairs and umbrellas.

Amsterdam Manor will rent their chairs/palapas but only a certain number per day. It also depends on how full the hotel is - they need to take care of their guests first (who are there for an uncrowded beach) so it could be hit or miss (probably more "miss" during high season.)

Last time I talked to the mgr at Manchebo they were no longer renting their chairs. But it sounds like they may have changed their policy since then according to Andrea's information.

Bucuti does not rent chairs/palapas.

There really isn't a place like Moomba's on Eagle Beach. All of the beach bars are affiliated with hotels. Just an FYI - the Bucuti's beach bar only takes credit cards (no cash.)
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 01-03-2010 at 01:58 PM.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Thanks Amy and Andrea......

....any additional info, ideas from anyone is welcome!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    the folks that stopped there on a cruise were there 10 days before christmas .....so that is still considered a slower part of the season so maybe that is why manchebo rented the chairs/palaypas.

Any new info or updates?

Druif Beach, Casibari, Guadirikiri Cave, and Boca Catalina
    I'm curious -- about how much would it be to rent the chairs/palapas? We're staying at Tamarijn, but I wouldn't mind going up to Palm Beach to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Mom_13 View Post
    I'm curious -- about how much would it be to rent the chairs/palapas? We're staying at Tamarijn, but I wouldn't mind going up to Palm Beach to check it out.
    On Palm Beach, MoomBa, just past the north end of the Holiday Inn, no longer charges for their chaise lounges. More photos

Otherwise, there are vendors all along Palm Beach who rent chaises and shade. Here are some prices from a few years back from the vendors at the south end of the Radisson's beach.

The Radisson had been selling day passes, but I am not sure whether that is still the case or not. You could always inquire at the front desk if you are there. Enjoy and remember to come back and tell us all about it! I am always curious to hear people's opinions of the beach at the Divi/Tamarijn compared to Palm Beach.