Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Finding the right mix

Finding the right mix

My girlfriend and I will be in Aruba at the end of this month. I'm just trying to finalize our plans and make things as special as possible. She also wants to spend a lot of time on the beach. Since we are staying at the Bucuti and Tara Suites, that should be adequate if done for most afternoons.

Some of the activities I've currently got reservations for or have definite plans to do: the Atlantis Submarine, the Island Tour by helicopter, Snorkeling and lunch with Red Sail, Sunset dinner with Red Sail, and Island sightseeing with a Jeep for a day.

This still leaves a couple of mornings with nothing tied down. I'm thinking of possibly doing an ATV ride one morning and perhaps a 2-hour horseback ride for the morning of her birthday.

Any suggestions on what might be impressive, romantic, or fun for a morning activity? I could also consider one for an afternoon. (I'm passing on the Jeep tour to the Natural Pool and the Trike tour for now)

Thanks for any thoughts.

Aruba since 1979
    a horseback tour is good in the morning.
    it seems to me that you have MUCH planned and you do not want to run yourself ragged.

enjoy and welcome to the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophiliac View Post
    My girlfriend and I will be in Aruba at the end of this month. I'm just trying to finalize our plans and make things as special as possible. She also wants to spend a lot of time on the beach. Since we are staying at the Bucuti and Tara Suites, that should be adequate if done for most afternoons.

Some of the activities I've currently got reservations for or have definite plans to do: the Atlantis Submarine, the Island Tour by helicopter, Snorkeling and lunch with Red Sail, Sunset dinner with Red Sail, and Island sightseeing with a Jeep for a day.

This still leaves a couple of mornings with nothing tied down. I'm thinking of possibly doing an ATV ride one morning and perhaps a 2-hour horseback ride for the morning of her birthday.

Any suggestions on what might be impressive, romantic, or fun for a morning activity? I could also consider one for an afternoon. (I'm passing on the Jeep tour to the Natural Pool and the Trike tour for now)

Thanks for any thoughts.

jaw
    Please consider the snorkeling trip with Aruba Bob www.arubabobsnorkeling.com.

or contact Stuart arubabob@live.com

Thanks for the welcome, Andrea.

Perhaps my plans look more full than they really are.
    I'm mostly trying to plan just one thing for the morning and leave the afternoons open for the beach or whatever.
    I am violating my rule with the Helicopter tour in the afternoon, but that is on her birthday and I think I can get away with that.
    We are eating at a nice restaurant each night (on land, except for the one night we have a sunset dinner).

But maybe I should back off one day and just leave it wide open.

This was easier when I only had myself to impress. I'd be asking about hotdog stands...

We took a horseback tour to the Natural Pool a few years ago. Really fun time. We used Rancho Daimari http://www.arubaranchodaimari.com/.

How many nights will you be on the island?

If you are trying to find the right mix, imo, you already have enough planned.

Emophiliac said--
    But maybe I should back off one day and just leave it wide open.

One day? If your gf is the one who is partial to the beach, one look at the beach in Aruba, and she may never want to leave.

Is there a specific reason why you must do "something" each and every day?

You say "leave the afternoons open for the beach or whatever". The day of the sub tour and snorkeling you won't be on the beach until 2 pm probably at the earliest. The day your tour the island on your own in the jeep there will be no beach time for her. If she sleeps late on the day of her birthday there will probably no beach time that day either. If you go horseback riding or take an ATV tour, again, but the time you get back to your room and shower off the dust you won't be on the beach until 2 pm at the earliest.

As on outsider looking in, unless you are going to be there for more than 7 nights, you are trying to cram a lot into just a few days.

Lisa, you are probably right. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that one planned activity for the day may be too much. My vacations tend to be either solid scuba diving (2, 3, or more dives each day) or frenetic travel. Having 30 minutes of time, with nothing planned, is almost unthinkable. But I'll see if I can get a hang of it.

I'll run some scaled back plans past her and see if that is more to her liking.

Thanks for the advice.

It's nice having things to do, but planning a tight schedule is never a good idea when operating on "island time". Trying to maintain a tight schedule can cause a lot of frustration, and overshadow an enjoyable trip. I tend to be a go-go-go type of person, but I tend to be more laid back in Aruba. Most of the time I dive in the morning and my wife and I go something in the afternoon together. That way I can stay busy and she can relax on the beach.

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    If you are renting a car, take a mid morning drive to Baby Beach and you can hit Charlie's Bar or Zeerovers or B52 for lunch on the way back.
    9th trip to Aruba in

Quote Originally Posted by Emophiliac View Post
    Lisa, you are probably right. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that one planned activity for the day may be too much. My vacations tend to be either solid scuba diving (2, 3, or more dives each day) or frenetic travel.
    NOW that is funny! I was going to tell you the story about my honeymoon. Dh and I had 4 days on the beach in the Bahamas lolling around doing nothing waiting for our ceremony. While honeymooing in Aruba, after 9 days on the beach with 5 more to go, dh proclaimed he was bored. I simply told him to find something to do. So...he took a discover scuba course. Got hooked, came home and got all of his certs up to divemaster.

Depending upon what type of person she is, your gf maybe perfectly happy having you go dive one morning or afternoon while she hangs out on the beach.

Have you approached your gf about taking a discover scuba course? I was very unsure about diving, until dh was able to get a dive instructor to take the gear into a swimming pool. I later got my certifications on a Jamaica "dive vacation". After that we split vacations, half beach time, half dive time. Unfortunately I am no longer able to dive, but dh now dives with our dd who herself has sometimes said "I am bored". She too though will tell you she appreciates time on the beach doing absolutely nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast