Aruba Beach

Thread: First time to aruba!

Talking First time to aruba!

We are excited to be heading to aruba in 2 weeks!!! What are the must see local attractions! So far we want to check out the donkey sanctuary, natural pool, and quadiriki caves.

We are staying at the Occidental, anyone have any inside tips or advice...as far as what is nearby to do?

Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/news/general-ne...e-june-9-2011/
    click link for an activity in San Nic

one of the things you may want to do is to rent a car, head to baby beach, alto vista chapel, the heritage festival in san nicholas, lighthouse, toppled natural bridge.

i am moving this to "activity" category.

be careful not to schedule too many activities.
    first timers have a tendency to do too much.
    remember, once you sink your toes in the sand, you may not want to move off the beach for your stay.

QUOTE=arubanewbie;205252]We are excited to be heading to aruba in 2 weeks!!! What are the must see local attractions! So far we want to check out the donkey sanctuary, natural pool, and quadiriki caves.

We are staying at the Occidental, anyone have any inside tips or advice...as far as what is nearby to do?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Andrea, Thanks for the info. You do an amazing job responding and moderating the forum. This is a wonderful resource.

arubanewbie,
    like andrea said, don't overextend yourself...plan on a few things that you think you have to do....then make a note to do them the next time you go to Aruba.....because, there will be a next time !!!!!! You will become addicted like the rest of us and plan trips every year !!!!

So, have a wonderful time, and when you come back get on the forum and give us a run through of how the vacation went .....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

We just went from 5/29 - 6/5 for our first time and also stayed at the Occidental. If you have any specific questions regarding the hotel, feel free to send me a PM and I'll answer as best I can.

We booked a tour with Madi which was phenomenal. You don't have to use Madi, but I would definitely recommend a tour because there is so much to see outside of the high-rise district. I did some scuba diving, which was cool with the wrecks (Antilla, etc.) We also did the Jolly Pirate snorkeling trip which was a lot of fun.