Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First timers...fishing and horseback riding

First timers...fishing and horseback riding

Hi Gang!

I am Caroline and my husband Tom and I are travelling to Aruba in early November. We would like to go fishing early in the week - fishing for dinner fish, not trophies. Would prefer bottom fishing to deep-sea, but we are unfamiliar with the waters - what is best? Any suggestions on this? Most of the charters I've seen are for 3 hours...we are die-hard fishers and would like a 4 - 6 hour trip...is this too much time in Aruba? We did a 8 hr off Panama 2 years ago (in the Pacific) and really filled the freezer; any advice would be welcome!

I have been a horse owner all of my life, but have never ridden a horse on a beach - DYING to do this! Suggestions, anyone?

We will be staying near Mangol Halto beach - advice on things to do and see would be welcome too!

Thanks everyone, and looking forward to Aruba for the first time!

Caroline

Smile

Caroline, Welcome to the Aruba board. You will Love Aruba!!

As far as fishing, I am a diehard fisherman with MANY hours on the sea. Most has been in Florida but I just got back from my 28th trip to Aruba so I have many trips in Aruba also. I did bottom fishing 1 time in Aruba and thats it. The biggest fish that was brought on the boat is what I use for bait in Florida. I will NEVER bottom fish in Aruba again. You need to check Glen out that runs a boat called Hats Off. They troll and I always get wahoo and or mahi mahi to eat. I will also be in Aruba starting Nov 4th and I stay by Mangle Halto at a bed and breakfast called Club Arias. You can e-mail me if you have any questions. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/thingstodo/sear...x?bc=excursion
    check out the above link for some fishing charters etc.
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    i have ridden at all of the horseback ranches.
    all terrific
    riding on the beach is terrific.
    ponderosa, el paso, gold mine ranch are all good places.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-31-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/horseback riding.html
    click above link for some tagged horseback riding threads :-)

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/thingstodo/sear...x?bc=excursion

take some time to check out this link
    shows tons of activities

enjoy all :-)

Hi Caroline!

We just got back today. Had a blast! We too wanted to do both fishing and horseback riding for the same reasons as you (except I don't own a horse).

As for the fishing, be prepared, a lot of the boats you find online do trolling only, you don't touch a rod! It was very disappointing for us, we own a boat and didn't expect this as we too wanted to catch dinner. We were on a boat for 4 hours didn't catch a fish or cast a reel. I didn't do my homework at all.

As for the horseback riding, I can not say enough about El Paseo Ranch! Ask for Franco. He was an excellent guide and the ranch treats their horses really well. We had a great ride on the beach! Loved, loved loved it! My husband did NOT want to do this, and he had a blast! He said it was one of the highlights of his trip.

Aruba since 1979
    glad that you enjoyed your ride on the beach

rancho elpaso is wonderful

sorry to hear of fishing expedition

that certainly was a QUICK trip huh?

Quote Originally Posted by pbumbaca View Post
    Hi Caroline!

We just got back today. Had a blast! We too wanted to do both fishing and horseback riding for the same reasons as you (except I don't own a horse).

As for the fishing, be prepared, a lot of the boats you find online do trolling only, you don't touch a rod! It was very disappointing for us, we own a boat and didn't expect this as we too wanted to catch dinner. We were on a boat for 4 hours didn't catch a fish or cast a reel. I didn't do my homework at all.

As for the horseback riding, I can not say enough about El Paseo Ranch! Ask for Franco. He was an excellent guide and the ranch treats their horses really well. We had a great ride on the beach! Loved, loved loved it! My husband did NOT want to do this, and he had a blast! He said it was one of the highlights of his trip.

I have been looking into Melina Charters and will probalby use them on our trip in December. I can't give any first had knowledge, but I have read some good reviews and their website is professional.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Arrow

Did anyone see this sailfish in the gallery caught in August? They also caught a Mahi Mahi and Baracuda.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that certainly was a QUICK trip huh?
    Yes, one week is definitely not enough!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast