Aruba Beach

Thread: First timers going soon!

First timers going soon!

Hello!!!
    We are heading to Aruba on Dec. 16 and we can't wait. There's 4 of us going (2 couples)

I've browsed the forums a lot and found some great info!!

Here's a small list of things we hope to do:
    1. tour with Aruba Madi
    2. sail/snorkel trip (maybe with Red Sail) we are hoping for a smaller group of people...maybe even just the 4 of us...any recommendations?
    We are hoping to see the wrecked 1942 german freighter.
    3. Tour Arakok park
    4. Eat at Passions
    5. Eat at Anna Marias

We have plenty of time to do more...so any suggestions would be great...especially on sail/snorkel tours that don't have a big group.

Thanks!

pool side with my kindle in one hand and a Malibu + pineapple in the other :O)
    Hi
    Welcome to the forum!
    There is a ton of great information on here and the moderators and members are extremely helpful.
    As for small snorkle tours, I've read good things about the Black Pearl and we've booked it for 12/16, so I will post a review about it shortly thereafter.
    They have a maximum of 20 and seem to fill up quickly, but it looks like they still have a few openings on December 17, 22, 23, 24.
    If you book online the price for the sunset snorkel is $45 intstead of $60. The say they'll send confirmation via e-mail within 24 hours, but we received it almost immediately.
    I've included their web address below if you are interested.
    http://www.aruba-sailing.com/

Have a great trip - I know we will!

Countdown to One Happy Island =

Aruba since 1979
    remember to NOT overschedule yourselves.

if tranquilo is back from its dry dock i would opt for the snorkel sail with them and if they are not back, try octopus snorkel sail.

Private Snorkel Tour List Suggestions
    click above link for tranquilo and octopus

come to the amsterdam manor beach bar happy hour on dec 20
    5 - 6 pm at amsterdam manor's beach bar.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by thehort View Post
    Hello!!!
    We are heading to Aruba on Dec. 16 and we can't wait. There's 4 of us going (2 couples)

I've browsed the forums a lot and found some great info!!

Here's a small list of things we hope to do:
    1. tour with Aruba Madi
    2. sail/snorkel trip (maybe with Red Sail) we are hoping for a smaller group of people...maybe even just the 4 of us...any recommendations?
    We are hoping to see the wrecked 1942 german freighter.
    3. Tour Arakok park
    4. Eat at Passions
    5. Eat at Anna Marias

We have plenty of time to do more...so any suggestions would be great...especially on sail/snorkel tours that don't have a big group.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 12-08-2010 at 02:03 PM.

I totally recommend taking an ATV tour! It's a fun and exciting way to check out the beauty of Aruba while tapping into your adventurous side.

Make sure you go with a company that features a commendable safety record, as well as experience in the location you're staying at. Aruba is home to Green Zebra Adventures, an awesome tour company that will make your stay super memorable - especially with a group like yours!

I can't post links yet, but check them out by typing "green zebra adventures" or "go green zebra" into your search engine.

Good luck, happy adventuring!

Does anyone know anything about the "Jolly Pirates" My daughters found them and thought their boat looked "cool" They are 17 and 19 and occasionally know more than I do...opinions please.

Aruba since 1979
    hahahaha teen children, been there done that. ask arubalisa how much fun she has w/ her teen daughter who IS brilliant :-)

anywho....YES the Jollypirate boat is COOL and YES would be more fun for kids aka young adults their age. lots of activity, good snorkel, rope swing, pirates punch (be careful with the booze...tell them i said so) the Jolly is a good time.

i know lots of folks who have sailed Jolly and had a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeGal View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the "Jolly Pirates" My daughters found them and thought their boat looked "cool" They are 17 and 19 and occasionally know more than I do...opinions please.

Second vote on Jolly Pirates!
    Lively, fun and not a booze cruise though plenty of alcohol is available. Young and old will feel comfortable.
    We went with a group of 4 adults and three girls ages 8,9 11. We will all do it again some day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Zb6np1n0o Dd's turn on the rope swing

I totally agree with Lisa about the Jolly Pirates. After wondering what goes on that boat, my DW and I went without the kids on our last trip. We were concerned because there were some big groups and lots of kids, etc. but the crew is great and the other passengers were having a great time and were super friendly. It's definitely not a quiet day of sailing but is a lot of FUN