Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing

Fishing

Hello everyone,

I am looking for someone to join me on my boat (5 meters or 17 feet) for the fishing next weekend, and maybe the one after and so on...depending on the wind

The plan is to do bottom fishing for the big groupers, snapppers and jack fish at the dept of cca. 160 meters (cca. 550 feet).

I am not a charter company and do not charge money

I look foorward to have someone to join me!

N.

P.S. You need to bring your own squid and/or other bait. If you don't have a rod, or at least an adequate one, I will let you use one of mine

Aruba since 1979
    what an awesome thing to do........i bet many will take you up on your offer.

how is life in aruba......much different than germany huh?

Nice!!!

I will be in Aruba towards the end of May so keep me informed..

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    what an awesome thing to do........i bet many will take you up on your offer.

how is life in aruba......much different than germany huh?
    Hi Andrea,

I am already sold out for this weekend when it comes for fishin

Well, life in Aruba is very different than the life in Germany in many aspects and we are enjoying it here

Cheers,

N.

Hi there,

The end of May sounds good, I will send you a private message so we could agree on the trip

Cheers,

Nermin

That is very deep to fish the bottom with rod and reel.you'll need popeye arms to get a fish up from that depth.that being said,enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    That is very deep to fish the bottom with rod and reel.you'll need popeye arms to get a fish up from that depth.that being said,enjoy
    Correct you need some stamina, however it gives a true meaning to the "sport" part of the fishing
    160 meters is deep but I have done it before with a rod and reel using the 32 Oz sinker and 4 circle hooks so I would not have to take it out every 5 minutes
    Cheers,

N.

Wow - what a plan!! btw, how long will be you on the islands??? Will you be selling any of your extra catch????

Quote Originally Posted by sunscreen View Post
    Wow - what a plan!! btw, how long will be you on the islands??? Will you be selling any of your extra catch????
    Hi there,

I am actually an Aruba resident so I am staying here

To be honest I never planned on selling the catch, at home my wife and I eat plenty of fish so the freezer is never full

If you wish to buy some fish then i can suggest going to the small marina at the Spanish lagoon, there you can find some fresh red snapper and other fish for sale by the local fishermen.
    Cheers,

N.

what kind of grouper are there in that depth offshore.When i use to deep drop in the florida keys in 500 to 1000 foot range it was mostly snowy & yellow edge?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast