Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing in Aruba

fishing regs?

Hi

I have a million of questions about coming to Aruba so I will probably be starting a lot of threads. I really appreciate all the local help and advice.

I love everything outdoors especially fishing and water sports.
    I think I am going to bring some fishing gear. I come from the mid west and am mostly equipped with the standard bass/trout type spinner set ups but am going to try and get some use out of them over there.

Can someone fill me in on the regs and maybe some fishing tips. I plan on going deep sea when I can but would also like some shore/surf fishing as well if there is some.

Do I need to purchase a fishing license? Also I hear spearfishing is illegal...is this true? I'm no pro but went casually when I lived in Hawaii.

Also is there some reasonably priced half day boats that go out for a leisurely bottom fishing trip? I think my wife would enjoy that.

Thanks

also when is the best season to catch Mahi Mahi?

You may want to check with the folks over at http://www.flyfishingaruba.com/ for contacts and info.

I cannot find it in writing, but spearfishing is prohibited as well as taking of shells.

ArubaJayson,
    Did you find an answer to your question about fishing in Aruba? I'm seeking for the same information...

postedonna

Banned

shore fishing

Quote Originally Posted by zaandam99 View Post
    Hi Otis, the locals use mostly squid,sardines or "pis-ke-chi" piskechi as bait especialy if fishing from shore. Squid you can buy at the Grocery Stores but the others you have to know a local fisherman to obtain those. The piskechi they usualy catch them them selfs, with one of those nets can not remember the specific name. Asfar as the sardines I'm not sure have to find out with the locals. But you could use artificial lures like spoons for Cudas. Bucktails, jigs, swimbaits, poppers for mangrove snappers, snooks and tarpons but they bite on those baits if they feel like it. If you can bring a bag of Gulp peeling crabs 1" those are great for Bones on spinning gear and other bottom feeding species. I'm leaving april 14th to Aruba for six months, I am a native from the Island living in Pittsburgh for 12 years my husband is from Pitt. we met when he was living in Aruba. I am obsesed with fishing believe it or not I got into fishing when I moved to Pitt. luv fishing for large mounths, walleyes and cat fish were fun to catch also. I'm planning on fishing alot of the North Coast there are some inlets that are fishable and seems like there are alot of potential in catching some nice size fish and also other areas along the Southern Coastal areas like Malmok, Arashi, Eagle Beach, Surf Side near the airport, Barcadera near the Spanish Lagoen and the Lagoen itself for Tarpons and Snooks, behind the corals at Mangel Halto and Baby Beach and a great Cove like location with alot of surf before getting into the Coloney to Baby Beach its a popular area for kite surfing. Also night fishing on the beaches at the resorts like the hi rise and low rise hotels when there are no swimmers and boaters there are snooks,tarpons and permit like species caught at these locations at night and early mornings. If you are interested to go to some of these location I would love to take you out to some of my fishing excursions while I'm there. Ofcourse the best time to fish when doing shore fishing is during the tidal formations weather its during rising tide or when the tides are retrieving which the latter is the best depending ofcourse of the location or structures of the beach. When are you planning your trip to Aruba? Send me a post to let me know I hope some of the info. was helpful so you know what to bring with you as far as in artificial lures.
    Anyone planning a trip to Aruba and wants to do some shore fishing while vacationing on the Island with me, send me a post. I will be posting results of my fishing excursions while in Aruba. If you are not bringing any fishing gear not to worry I have rods available and tackle.
    Hi ArubaJason, hope my reply to Otis can help you out with any info. on shore fishing in Aruba. When are you heading to Aruba? Or did you go already!! In the mean time "tight lines" send me a post.
    Last edited by zaandam99; 04-03-2008 at 08:04 PM.

I'll be there 1st week in Nov. 08, can u tell me of any charters in the Holiday inn area. I own a boat in Jersey and would love to try fishing in Aruba.\
    Thanks John

Cool Coming to Aruba July 7th thru 13th

My husband and I are avid fishermen and want to know how we can fish off the beach or with the locals instead of an exspensive charter. We could bring our own rods..where can we do this?
    pplady

I'll be in Aruba Nov. 22-28, 2008 and am hoping to do some fishing. What is required as far as a license?

Anyone have any fishing tips as far as places, species, and tackle go for that time of year?

Fishing License needed??

I have been reading through all of the fishing related posts and have not seen an answer...

Do you need a fishing license to fish off the beach? I will be staying near Malok and would love to do some fishing.

What type of fish can you catch from the shore, and can you eat them?

Thank you in advance...

Senior Member cyclone promotions's Avatar
    at malmok you do not need one only if you are going to drive a boat to go fishing
    Professional Island DJ's
    For All Your Weddings And Party Needs.
    We Create Your Party
    DJ TINO
    https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/dj-t...472c213ea.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast