Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing in Aruba

Thank you CP.

What type of fish can be caught off the coast? Can you eat any of them? Is there any type of size limitations for keepers?

Fishing in Aruba

Hi, My family & friends will be traveling to Aruba for the first time in July and staying 9 days at Paradise Beach Villas. My DH is wondering if there is anywhere to rent a fishing pole or if he should bring a collapsible pole?
    Do you fish off a dock, jetty or just from the beach? Is there a bait shop? He is looking to do some fishing in the early morning, as he is an early riser. Any info would be very helpful. Thanks!!

Aruba since 1979
    here is what i found so far
    this is an island resident that made a report on trip advisor
    andrea

Would love to take you out fishing if interested in doing so while vacationing in Aruba away from the resort areas like baby beach, rogers beach, boca grandi, barcadera, spanish lagoen and some northern coastal inlests for some surf fishing and also some night fishing at your resort beaches when water are calmer from boating activities and swimmers for some snook fishing. Will provide rods, squid baits, artificial lures, some extra tackle and some fun in the sun fishing, ofcourse with some sun block on the skin always be protected from those UV. Send me an email for more info. at zaandam99@hotmail.com . See you in Aruba and keep that line tight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
    Hi, My family & friends will be traveling to Aruba for the first time in July and staying 9 days at Paradise Beach Villas. My DH is wondering if there is anywhere to rent a fishing pole or if he should bring a collapsible pole?
    Do you fish off a dock, jetty or just from the beach? Is there a bait shop? He is looking to do some fishing in the early morning, as he is an early riser. Any info would be very helpful. Thanks!!

Thank you for all of the info - I will pass it along to my DH.

Smile We're in Aruba looking for the best spot. R U here?

Quote Originally Posted by zaandam99 View Post
    Hi ArubaJason, hope my reply to Otis can help you out with any info. on shore fishing in Aruba. When are you heading to Aruba? Or did you go already!! In the mean time "tight lines" send me a post.
    Hi Zaandam, We're @ CPV Noord, with my 1" CW Crabs, Bucktail and ready to go! Do you happen to be here on the Island. I am so excited to catch some fish and wanted to know where the best spot to go would be. We have a car and can go anywhere. I thought maybe a cove near the lighthouse, but it sounds like you definately know the good spots. Well, I'll see if you get this and if We're lucky maybe you're still here. We will be here till Jan 9. Going out on Mahi Mahi Charter on Jan 4 with Capt. Peter or Kevin. You're welcome if you're here. Tom

Smile Did you find the best fishing spot?

Quote Originally Posted by pplady View Post
    My husband and I are avid fishermen and want to know how we can fish off the beach or with the locals instead of an exspensive charter. We could bring our own rods..where can we do this?
    pplady
    Hi Pplady,
    We're here on the Island and I see in June 2008 you were looking for a spot to fish. I was wondering how you made out. What you caught and where you caught it? I'll be heading out with my Bucktail Lure and crabs, hoping to entice some bottom feeders to eat.
    Hoping to hear from you, Islandguy Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12