Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing in Aruba

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Cool

Lucky you, but I am not to envious. I have been back in Sweden for almost 3 weeks now, and I simply cannot get into "normal" temperatures here. I had to put a heater in my office even though it is an almost brand new building with climate control .
    So since I cannot seem to get comfortable here (and the trout and Salmon are still a few months away) I decided to simply just go back to paradise. So I will be back in less than 3 weeks from now and fish a couple of weeks. So please post here how it went as soon as you get home.
    I have tried a few places in the "other" end of the Island and I am sure that Laurenz will show you some hot spots, but will not post them here.
    I bought a boat just before going back, so I will look forward to try some different kinds of fishing there in a few weeks.
    Tight lines, and say hi to Laurenz from the crazy Scandinavian.

Carsten

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Hej, I did not realize you were a Swede. My daughter is married to a Swedish sailboat/hockey nut and they live in the Stockholm area of Vallingby. I was there this past Summer for 10 days. Great Country.

I wanted to send you my e mail address but this site would not allow me to. I would really like to know if there are any Trout or Salmon opportunities near Stockholm. I've fished in the archipelico twice but just landed small fish and broke a 7wt on something really big! ( that I never saw) If you are interested in NY Salmon and Steelhead check out this site. I'll spell it out so it gets past the censors. Just put the words together: salmon crazy dot com go to the forum section for information and pictures, lots of pictures. great stream and river fishing from October all the way thru the winter. the best months are oct nov and then march april and may.

Anyway, I'll ley you know how I make out and I wish you lots of luck with your boat.

Tight lines

I will be on Aruba from next week, until sometime after New Year, and we will be fishing, but only flyfishing.

Aruba Fishing

Anyone interested in sharing a charter first week of May 2009?

Need Shore fishing help.

I love fishing, would like to shore fish. Staying at the Hyatt on Palm Beach. Were is the best place close by. I do have a car and can travel. What Bait should I take. Thank You,

google tarpon aruba, enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Beaches View Post
    google tarpon aruba, enjoy
    Thanks for the help, but did not find much to fishing on Palm beach. Can you fish from shore in or around this area. Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    i have seen folks shore fishing at Eagle Beach.
    One of the best spots is the Spanish Lagoon...........if you have a car it is an easy drive!
    drive past the airport towards SanNicholas.
    At the balashi plant top of hill turn right at the lights.
    Follow the road to the end.
    then go left.
    you will then go straight for less than a mile you will go over a little bridge.
    Spanish Lagoon is on the right.
    maybe san nic or others can give better directions.

bait? not a clue.

shorefisher, if you can't find out more before you go, your first day go to Zeerovers(in the Flying Fishbone area) it is a local fisherman's bar & hangout!

Cool shore fishing

fished last year from shore. the hotel staff put me in a cab which took me to a bait&tacle shop where i bought a cheap rod and some bait. (i brought my own reel and other gear) caught lots of fish and one 6-8lb. bone fish. big barracuda too. i fished off the small jetties. early morning was best for me, but fish are around all day. this year(jan14-17) im bringing a cabellas 3 piece pack rod, 7ft. use light wire leaders for the cudas. gear is pretty cheap, you dont need anything too heavy. good luck and tight lines!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast