Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fishing in Aruba

Thank you, you mean there are jetties by the Hyatt Hotel. I too have a travel rod. What were the best lures? Thank you.

Anybody to help me what kind of fish I cought, please ;-)

Hi, it was my second visit of Aruba ans definitely - I like it !
    In 2005 and Jan 2010 I did catch three bonefishes. First two we've on the BBQ, in an alum foil with lot of lime juce, as suggested by a local and it was fine, but .. lot of bones :-)
    This year we just did fry the 16'' bonefish I cought and it was maybe better, bones were there ....

Then, I cought another fish that I first tought it was bonefish, but latter I realized it wasn't. No bones, lower lip was longer than upper like baracuda, black stripe in the middle of the heavy body, very thick central bone like small finger, good fighter ... I have some pictures, but they aren't the best I've seen ;-), som guy took them on the beach with my camera to have a positive confirmation, at least - ha-ha, you know all these fishermen stories ;-) ...
    opopov.info/photo_gallery/P1020490_24inches_fish.JPG
    opopov.info/photo_gallery/P1020491_24inches_fish.JPG

Could anybody help me with the type of fish I cought, please ??

Orline

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

You NEVER kill a bonefish, if you are a sportfisher. It is pretty rare and a very sought after fish especially for fly fishing, which people will travel across the world to get a shot at, and then very very carefully releasing it to the wild again.

This is an example of why people stop giving advice on where to fish on Aruba.

BTW. Your fish is a Snook.

Quote Originally Posted by orline View Post
    Hi, it was my second visit of Aruba ans definitely - I like it !
    In 2005 and Jan 2010 I did catch three bonefishes. First two we've on the BBQ, in an alum foil with lot of lime juce, as suggested by a local and it was fine, but .. lot of bones :-)
    This year we just did fry the 16'' bonefish I cought and it was maybe better, bones were there ....

Then, I cought another fish that I first tought it was bonefish, but latter I realized it wasn't. No bones, lower lip was longer than upper like baracuda, black stripe in the middle of the heavy body, very thick central bone like small finger, good fighter ... I have some pictures, but they aren't the best I've seen ;-), som guy took them on the beach with my camera to have a positive confirmation, at least - ha-ha, you know all these fishermen stories ;-) ...
    opopov.info/photo_gallery/P1020490_24inches_fish.JPG
    opopov.info/photo_gallery/P1020491_24inches_fish.JPG

Could anybody help me with the type of fish I cought, please ??

Orline

What did you catch them on? and did you catch them in front of the Hyatt. Thanks

Thanks Schnauzerjoy !
    When I first got a bonefish 5 years ago, I didn't know even what kind a fish is it!
    Somebody on the beach or in hotel gave me info how to cook it. I never knew that it is a rare one, until you sent me your answer, sorry! Could you elaborate more on this question, please ?
    For the Snook, I will see on Wiki, is it a good one ?

Thanks, Orline

Quote Originally Posted by shorefisher View Post
    What did you catch them on? and did you catch them in front of the Hyatt. Thanks
    In front of Playa Linda, besides Hyatt, on a silver "spoon" only, casting from the beach.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 04-15-2011 at 08:19 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

I am headed to Aruba later this week and have a trip scheduled with Capt Pete of the Mr Bonefish. Can anyone tell me how the fishing is this time of year?
    Also I would like to do some shore fishing while there. Should I bring my own gear or can I find some easily on the Island?

Aruba since 1979
    one of our members "schnauzerjoy" seems to be quite proficient at shore fishing....maybe he will reply

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/search.php?searchid=510804
    try researching these threads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    one of our members "schnauzerjoy" seems to be quite proficient at shore fishing....maybe he will reply

Fishing in Aruba

OK I'm going to be bringing a small fishing set-up to do a little fishing from the shoreline in Aruba.Does anyone have any "secret" places to try?Also what kind of lures do you use?Thanks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast