Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fishing in Aruba

I would be curious as to the responses as I would not have thought of fishing from the shore in Aruba. That said, I did see someone fishing with a net at the beach at the Divi resort. I was assuming he was just going for bait? The waves in Aruba kind of scared me off from any fishing charter, but who knows maybe this trip.

Thanks for the tips and links.As far as gear I'm bringing a 6'-6" take-down rod with a spinning reel.A small assortment of lures.

While I love eating seafood,when I'm on vacation I leave that part to the restaurants.I go strictly catch and release.....after a few pics of course.

Aruba since 1979
    pardon my ignorance.........
    big fish can be caught from shore right?

Quote Originally Posted by tangy003 View Post
    OK I'm going to be bringing a small fishing set-up to do a little fishing from the shoreline in Aruba.Does anyone have any "secret" places to try?Also what kind of lures do you use?Thanks.
    Hey,

I've shorefished from some rocks around the RIU for 2 yearswith some success. First year I tried, I only fished twice and caught two hand-sized fish one of the days but last year I consistently caught 6-10 (or even more) fish over a few hours. Most were only about the size of my hand, but I did keep 4-5 once or two days and have them fried at a local restaurant and they were tasty as hell. No difference between me eating fish I caught and eating fish someone else caught at the buffet to me

I just used raw shrimp and chicken from the hotel. This year (I'll be back soon and can provide a report) I'm also hoping to catch some crabs to use as bait.

And in response to the guy above who asked if it's possible to catch big fish from shore... I have heard from an inshore guide that it is, and this year I'm bringing a bigger rod and stronger line so we'll find out

Folks,

Where is this Spanish Lagoon that was spoken of in another thread?
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 04-15-2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Aruba since 1979
    One of the best spots is the Spanish Lagoon...........if you have a car it is an easy drive!
    drive past the airport towards SanNicholas.
    At the balashi plant top of hill turn right at the lights.
    Follow the road to the end.
    then go left.
    you will then go straight for less than a mile you will go over a little bridge.
    Spanish Lagoon is on the right.
    maybe san nic44 or others can give better directions.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Folks,

Where is this Spanish Lagoon that was spoken of in another thread?

We are heading down in April. Any new info on fishing the surf around Eagle/Druif beaches would be welcome. Planning to bring light spinning gear and some topwater lures/saltwater flies and soft plastics. If anyone has a better idea please educate me, thanks in advance. Catch 'em up!!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum beach fisher

Thanks. I read about the 'cudas, I have wire! How about rigging whole ballyhoo. I read you can buy them frozen at the market.

Bill

You can buy ballyhoo in the markets or squid. Spanish lagoon has soom baracuda or you can fish off the coral clifs up near Arishi beach. Most of the locals use hand lines with ballons to float the baits out, they hold more line than a reel. There is a bottom fishing boat across from the radison ,$65.00 per person every thing included with a steak lunch. Look for a coupon in the paper. Have fun

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast