Aruba Beach

Thread: Fishing in Aruba Question

Smile Fishing in Aruba Question

We are arriving Dec. 4th to Dec.11th. If anyone is interested in splitting a charter with a nice N.J couple during that time-please let us know. But I also needed some info on "party boat" fishing for bottom fish. I've searched "party boats" with no luck. Are they called something different in Aruba? The kind of boat that goes out a couple miles with 20 or more people on board. I found a little info on the Don Lukas out of the Seaport Marina- that is old info. Looks like $60.00 pp form 8am to 12pm. These boats supply the rod and reel and bait and you dont charter the whole boat yourself and are per person under $75.00. Is the Don Lukas the only party boat in Aruba or may there be others? If someone has gone out fishing on a party boat or has some info, we would appreciate it.
    Thanks so Much,
    Sean and Susan
    Last edited by crimms; 09-26-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/deep...20fishing.html
    click above link for deep sea fishing threads that had been tagged.
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    We are arriving Dec. 4th to Dec.11th. If anyone is interested in splitting a charter with a nice N.J couple during that time-please let us know. But I also needed some info on "party boat" fishing for bottom fish. I've searched "party boats" with no luck. Are they called something different in Aruba? The kind of boat that goes out a couple miles with 20 or more people on board. I found a little info on the Don Lukas out of the Seaport Marina- that is old info. Looks like $60.00 pp form 8am to 12pm. These boats supply the rod and reel and bait and you dont charter the whole boat yourself and are per person under $75.00. Is the Don Lukas the only party boat in Aruba or may there be others? If someone has gone out fishing on a party boat or has some info, we would appreciate it.
    Thanks so Much,
    Sean and Susan

Thanks Andrea J,
    I did some research before asking and came across your threads-no luck to my question. I guess Aruba is charter fishing only. I'm used to being able to hop on a "party boat" in Florida and Jersey-much cheaper for plain old bottom fishing. We did get to hook up with a friend we met last year in Savaneta for some deep sea fishing and will again this year. Fishing in Aruba is a blast. So many species.
    Thanks for your quick response and help on this forum,
    Sean and Susan

Aruba since 1979
    your welcome.
    good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Thanks Andrea J,
    I did some research before asking and came across your threads-no luck to my question. I guess Aruba is charter fishing only. I'm used to being able to hop on a "party boat" in Florida and Jersey-much cheaper for plain old bottom fishing. We did get to hook up with a friend we met last year in Savaneta for some deep sea fishing and will again this year. Fishing in Aruba is a blast. So many species.
    Thanks for your quick response and help on this forum,
    Sean and Susan

Smile

I will be really honest with you. I did the bottom snorkle in Aruba 2 times and I will NEVER do it again. The few fish that was caught is the size I use for bait in Florida. If you go trolling, its pretty rough but then you have a chance at wahoo or something bigger. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Bottom Fishing

Hey kent,
    I just emailed with my info. We were actually talking about bottom fishing off a "party boat" with rods and reel. But you gave us a new idea we didnt think of. "A night snorkel" for some lobster and such. That why we love this forum!

Thanks Sean and Susan

Fishing March 24 to 31 - looking for shared riders

Hello

Time to go fishing again, every day during this time period - looking for shared rides on private charters. So 50/50 on fee - just me on my end, so up to 3 on your end....The 25th and 26 are gone already but the 27, 28, and 29th are good.

Let Slaminsammy know.

The Don Lucas has been sold but is still working. It is located at the end of the pier across from the Renisance. I am on the boat often after nov 1st. The fish can be small or large but for the money with a steak lunch and all the gear you can't beat it. If there are people that don't want to fish they can always relax on the upper deck. Always take a sea sick pill. You never know. Enjoy Bart

bottom fishing

Sean & Susan
    We went bottom fishing in Aruba today and it was great. Found the info on bottomfishingaruba.com. The phone number on the website needs to be updated, but I was able to contact them at 746-0395. You can also siend an email through their website - I got a reply that same night. We went out with only 4 passengers on board - caught grouper, big eyes, trigger fish and even a rainbow runner. I'll definitely go again when we visit next year

Hope you enjoy you're visit
    Dottie

Eagle beach, Baby beach, The light house, Catilina cove, Boca catilina
    Thanks for the great review. I was researching the exact same company today and was wondering if the price was too good to be true. I think I'm going to book a trip for Nov 29th....Thanks again for sharing your experience!
    Terry