Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Fishing.. Do Not use TEASER CHARTERS

Angry Fishing.. Do Not use TEASER CHARTERS

I took a fishing trip using "Teaser Charters" on November 18, 2011. The Vehichle they sent to pick us up was a half hour late. Once we got to the boat " Kenny"s Toy" we set off on our trip. The Captain took us out at just over trolling speed as other another Chter boat " Driftwood" Passed us motioning for us to speed up. We dropped lines after 20 minues or so of our slow voyage and began trolling in front of the hotels headed toward the lighthouse. Once we actually reached the real fishing destination we made several trolling passes in the same area where 5 or 6 other vessels were. No one was bring fish on board. I asked the mate to move about a 1/4 mile from our current location to a spot that was very productive the last time I was here aboard the boat " Pair-A-Dice" They refused to move. Alll in all we had 4 total stikes. 3 of which were missed and the fourth came on our trip in landing a very small cuda. I asked how much time we had left and was told about an hour and a half but we were leaving the main fishing area and trolling back to port. Once we pulled lines in the boat proceeded to port full throttle. The only thing that was said to us was Sorry we didnt catch anything. I emailed the owner of the Charters and Basically got a "Oh Well, We are right you are wrong" " We fished this water for over 20 yrs and have won many international tournaments" I have been on the water all my life as well and know that if a spot in unproductive then you move to find the fish. THIS CREW IS VERY ARROGANT AND UNPROFFESSIONAL.. DO NOT USE THEM FOR YOUR FISHING ADVENTURE BECAUSE YOU WILL BE AS DISSAPPOINTED AS US....

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    i am sad that your first post was to have to report such a disappointing fishing adventure.

since you are still on island, i would ask you to try to meet with the owner of the boat as soon as you can and sit down and state your case and see if anything can be resolved while you are on island.

i am sure that the TEASER fishing charter would not want this bad publicity on the official aruba forum. i hope that this matter can be rectified real soon.

andrea

Wildfire, I'm Kenny the one that took you out, I read your complain and still can't understand where you coming from. the person who picked you up was late ?
    we went out at 7:45 so how can it be you say he picked you up at 7:55 ?
    its a free service we provide, if you want to be at the dock at 7:00 next time pay a cab .
    the other boat was faster ? faster boats catch more fish ?
    We and all the other boats that where there were fishing unproductive waters ?
    so I guess we all all incompetent like you said in your e-mail .you know better where they are cause you fished here one time,years ago .
    next time catch the fish first, then decide what you gone do with it, I can only guess, that your not happy you did not catch all the pounds of fish you anticipated so you can take them home and sell e'm pay for your trip and more.
    btw did you ask if you can keep all the fish you catch ? you never asked me neither did you ask where we where going to fish ? never told me personally where this magic spot in you head is .
    Fact is it was just a slow day, whe had a few bites but lost them, if you want to go ahead and talk bad abouth our company, I guess because you wanted your cash back, shame on you... when people try to hurt someone or in this case our businnes just because things did not go their way,that can tell you a lot abouth that person...

Aruba since 1979
    Wildfire and Ken have each had their say.
    Wildfire has now left Aruba and the 2 parties involved never resolved the issue.
    I had hoped that these 2 gentleman could have met and talked about the issues at hand.

I am now closing the thread.

Again, i do wish that these people could have resolved the situation.