Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa

Thread: Fishing the Flats and other shore areas in Aruba

Fishing in Aruba

I am new to these boards, so I am sure this topic has come up before. Would like to know if anyone has fished the area known as the "Malmuk Flats" in and around the area where the rusted hull of a ship is. If so would love to hear about your experiences and what you caught there. I also understand there is another area in the Bacadera area which holds a pretty good concentration of fish.
    Ken

You may want to read through some of these threads to help in your research

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/surf%20fishing.html

Fishing the Flats and other shore areas in Aruba

So the moderators moved my post, because I put in the General topic area by mistake. Been coming to Aruba for 9 yrs. and have done a lot of fishing there, but mostly snorkeling. So as you can imagine I've seen quite of few species of fish from below as well as above. Considering booking a trip with Laurenz from FlyfishingAruba, however would like to know from others those who have fished the Malmuk Flats, near & around the rusted hull of a ship. Any other areas and where they are located that are considered flats or good shore areas. Want to target the big three + Barracuda. Would really appreciate any info.
    Ken
    PS did see a lot of good info in the archives here.

Aruba since 1979

it was me ;)

yup i did move your post to this the more appropriate category on fishing.

i directed a friend to reply to you either on this thread or on your private message feature.
    they spend the month of february in aruba and fish that area up near the rusted out hull, daily while there.

a good shore spot where my husband has fished and loved, is the spanish lagoon down beyond the airport on the way towards depalm island and marina pirata.

welcome to the aruba.com community forum

Quote Originally Posted by Khoever View Post
    So the moderators moved my post, because I put in the General topic area by mistake. Been coming to Aruba for 9 yrs. and have done a lot of fishing there, but mostly snorkeling. So as you can imagine I've seen quite of few species of fish from below as well as above. Considering booking a trip with Laurenz from FlyfishingAruba, however would like to know from others those who have fished the Malmuk Flats, near & around the rusted hull of a ship. Any other areas and where they are located that are considered flats or good shore areas. Want to target the big three + Barracuda. Would really appreciate any info.
    Ken
    PS did see a lot of good info in the archives here.

Thank you, I appreciated that, just didn't notice it until I reposted the topic.

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    I've caught Cuda's and a few Bonefish at Malmuk. That entire stretch holds fish. I ran into a guy last year who had pictures of 2 Mahi Mahi that came right up to the jagged edge between Malmuk and where the snorkeling boats go to.
    That said. Laurenz is the best bet