Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fishing partners needed jan-23-feb 2 2011

fishing partners needed jan-23-feb 2 2011

if anyone would like to get a group togther between jan 23 -feb 2 for a fishing trip,please post.i will give u my email and we can go from there.its only myself,so if interested let me know.
    thanks,
    ed

Like to fish

Ed, my wife and I will be there Jan. 22-29th. We'll join you for some fishing. Went once before and had a few good catches and am looking forward to going again. - Chris and Amanda from NJ

I will be there from Jan 30-feb 5th. Let me know if your still looking to fish.

We just got back and had fun fishing. Aruba fishing is like nothing we done before. Try to find out as much as you can about your boat and where they go. The good fishing is at the end of the island and pretty rough waters. I mean swells of 4 to 6 feet, some bigger, where they troll for Wahoo and barracuda. That was a normal day, sunshine, little wind ,but hey always have little white caps. Bottom fishing is 600 feet or so. We caught many species of fish not to mention a 50 lb grouper! We had the local restaurant cook up some grouper filets several nights for under $10 each with rice and mixed vegi's! I went with my girlfriend for a full day as you are fishing in very deep water and need the extra time to real in and out. Good luck and enjoy!
    Sean and Susan

Anyone still up for some fishing Jan. 22-29th? - Chris from NJ

Ed, my husband and I will also be there for the week starting on Jan 23 and we would love to join you going fishing; Do you have any idea of any of the particulars of fishing in Aruba?

the desert. the national park just laying on the beach in total relaxation.
    I took a good fishing buddy of mine and his wife to aruba with us a few years back on our annual aruba vacation #14. I had never fished in aruba but always wanted to. We went to the docks and found a couple guys with a nice boat and ask about fishing. They steered us towards fishing at night because of the heat. Never having fished at night in the ocean we thought that would be cool. It was a disaster. They took our money and took us out directly in front of the docks about a 1/2 mile. There was smooth sea and the fish finder screen showed no fish and a flat bottom. We never got a bite. They pretty much just ripped us off for $250. Left me with a bad attitude about fishing down there. If I could get on a good boat in the daylight with some guys who knew more that I did about what the captain was doing I'd love to go. I'm bringing another good old fishing buddy this january 22 thru 29th. We are experence in fresh and salt water fishing but we are not experts. Thanks Grady

Aruba since 1979
    ouch
    lousy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shady grady View Post
    I took a good fishing buddy of mine and his wife to aruba with us a few years back on our annual aruba vacation #14. I had never fished in aruba but always wanted to. We went to the docks and found a couple guys with a nice boat and ask about fishing. They steered us towards fishing at night because of the heat. Never having fished at night in the ocean we thought that would be cool. It was a disaster. They took our money and took us out directly in front of the docks about a 1/2 mile. There was smooth sea and the fish finder screen showed no fish and a flat bottom. We never got a bite. They pretty much just ripped us off for $250. Left me with a bad attitude about fishing down there. If I could get on a good boat in the daylight with some guys who knew more that I did about what the captain was doing I'd love to go. I'm bringing another good old fishing buddy this january 22 thru 29th. We are experence in fresh and salt water fishing but we are not experts. Thanks Grady

I have been reading different posts about fishing there but I am new to this system so how do we contact each other if we all wanted to meet up and hire a boat?

Aruba since 1979
    all of you can contact each other thru private messaging......exchange phone numbers?, names or resorts, names including last names.

it'd be great if some of you could organize a fishing party.

if you need me to act as a facilitator, just let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ticiab View Post
    I have been reading different posts about fishing there but I am new to this system so how do we contact each other if we all wanted to meet up and hire a boat?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast