Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Trip

Fishing Trip

My husband and I will be in Aruba from November 1 - December 6 and he is looking for another 3 or so people to share a fishing trip with him. He's never been on one out of Aruba before, although he did catch some magnificent Sail while fishing out of Acapulco. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Which charter did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by bornbrit1 View Post
    My husband and I will be in Aruba from November 1 - December 6 and he is looking for another 3 or so people to share a fishing trip with him. He's never been on one out of Aruba before, although he did catch some magnificent Sail while fishing out of Acapulco. If anyone is interested, let me know.

How did fishing go...?? and who did you use? We are heading down late December?

We were told the fishing was not good in November so we didn't waste the money. Only one person answered the post, and he wanted an all day trip. I told him what I had found out about the bad fishing and he never responded. The water was really rough several days and beaches had red flags, so it was perhaps for the best. Maybe in llate December it will be better. Driftwood Charters responded very quickly to my e-mail, but no one puts people together for trips.

Quote Originally Posted by TraceyIBuck View Post
    How did fishing go...?? and who did you use? We are heading down late December?
    We haven't had the best luck fishing in Aruba in February, March, or April, but that could just be how fishing goes. We did have a great experience with Hatts Off Charters with Captain Glenn out of the Renaissance Marina. His website is http://www.fishingonaruba.com/. We emailed and scheduled everything a few weeks before our trip. This was a professional charter with a nice boat. He did everything he could to find fish for us and we did catch enough for a nice lunch. I would not recommend Lucky Star, they are cheaper, but you get one you pay for.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Thanks for the info. I will certainly keep Hatts Off in mind since we will be back in February. Hopefully by then we will have our permanent residence permit and will be able to stay as long as we want. It has to be cheaper than keep going there and back every couple of months.

Have you checked into tour companies as far as fishing trips go? Possibly DePalm Tours?? Good luck to you!

There is another place that does fishing trips--just saw it on another post. Capt. Plons Richardson Moonray Fishing Charters 011(297) 594-5539

I never checked DePalm since they are so expensive for other things, but I will contact them and I'll also keep in mind Moonray Fishing Charters. We will be moving to Aruba soon, so we will have more time to check these things out. It's hard to drag yourself off Eagle Beach when you get so relaxed. Thank you.

Does anyone have current info charter fishing trips for half days?

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/wa...ishing?tid=128
    click the above link and at the bottom of that page are a number of fishing charter boats.
    if you click on them u may find their rates and email addresses to make inquiries of half day charters

Quote Originally Posted by conal View Post
    Does anyone have current info charter fishing trips for half days?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast