Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fly Fishing

Carsten

Thanks so much for the info.

One quick question: I have 13.2 lb bonefish leaders, should I be adding bite tippet to them? What do you typically use for a leader?

Give us a report

Vikesfan

I am an avid fly fisherman who will be visiting at the end of February first of March. From searching the internet and using Google Maps, I've been able to find some likely looking spots. Also have a trip booked with Laurenz. He seems to be the resident expert.

Give us a report when you get back. I've heard mixed reviews on the fishing, so it would be nice to hear someones recent experience.

Schnauzerjoy

Thanks for the fly patterns. I need to hit the tying bench. I live in Dunedin, Florida (Tampa area), so I have a lot of them. Need to work on some Crazy Charlies and small crabs though.
    Last edited by dunfly; 01-12-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Planning on fishing next week

I arrive in Aruba the beginning of next week and am looking for 1 or 2 people to split a charter through Melina Charters with. I would like to either target Wahoo, or do an inshore trip for Tarpon.

Also, is a fishing liscense required? I'd like to bring a rod with me, to do some shore fishing in the mornings.

Aruba since 1979
    No shore fishing license required.
    Welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

Smile

I have done alot of fishing for Wahoo in Aruba but they are normally there in Jan and Feb. I don't know if they get very many this time of the year. Good luck and make sure you take some sea sick pills because its really rough when you fish in Aruba. I see people sick everyday. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

I think I'm just going to skip the charter and do some shore fishing. I bought a surf rod and already have a reel that will work with it. Is squid the better bait to use or should I try to find some frozen ballyhoo? What kind of fish will I find in the surf?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12