Aruba Beach

Thread: Golf

Golf

We leave Tues and are still trying to decide if we want to bother taking our clubs or not. Good golf? Reasonable priced?

Two choices for golf:
    http://www.divigolf.com/ Divi Links (9 hole)
    http://www.tierradelsol.com/golf/ Tierra del Sol Country Club (18 hole- R. T. Jones II)

You can rent clubs at either.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Keep in mind, if the trade winds are up, you will have a tough time golfing. I am not saying its impossible, just a bit challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by packmybags View Post
    We leave Tues and are still trying to decide if we want to bother taking our clubs or not. Good golf? Reasonable priced?
    I really love Aruba. Having said that....it's not a golfer's paradise. You have to remember that Aruba is basically a desert. Of the two courses I know of, Tierra del Sol is the better. You may find that one round is plenty...as such, I would rent.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Have fun!

Even though I am a golfer strangely enough I haven't golfed in Aruba yet! we own a home there for the past two years so will get there eventually. Tierra Del Sol is a great looking course, a bit flat of course and not really a tree in sight. It is pretty expensive but as is most golfing these days. I do believe however that they rent callaways so if you do want to play/rent you will be getting decent clubs. Divi looks like a great course also not as big and adventurous as Tierra. Let me know what you think if you do golf.

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    Tierra del sol, is a great course. You have fantastic views over the Island and the Ocean while playing.
    Very high service levels. Clubs, shoes etc cleaned before start. Drinks and food offered several times during a round from mobile food carts.
    New carts equipped with GPS-based course guides.
    Wind will make the relatively easy course challenging, which is part of the charm of playing golf in Aruba.
    I played it recently with my new Aruba neighbor, who is a 20+ handicap and I am a single handicap. We both had a great time and really enjoyed the course, and find it well worth playing.
    Expect it to be around $200 per person including club rentals.
    Unless you want to play many times during your stay, I would rent.
    Like most other things, golf in Aruba is special and better than elsewhere -
    Have a great one.

Package deals

Also both courses offer deals during the week on a certain day (sorry i can't remember which days, i think Wednesday for Divi) whereby you can get golf, rentals, a beer, cart etc. for a good rate. I have heard from a friend on the island that Tierra has this sort of deal on maybe Fridays. SOmeone else can probably provide more information. I don't see this posted on either websites so go to the courses when you are there and ask.

TDS, the later in the day that you play, the cheaper the green fees are. However with a sunset time of about 6 pm in winter, you'll never get out a 4 pm and finish 18 holes.

thanks for the info everyone! I think we will leave the clubs at home this time, since this trip is R&R. We can rent clubs if we feel the need to play.