Aruba Beach

Thread: golf and diving?

golf and diving?

I m planning a boys trip in Nov to golf and dive. Can anyone recommend a hotel that is close to the dive sites and the golf course?, (thats also close to the nitelife). Also is it best to do all inclusive?? Cheers Rico

Any Aruba beach...
    For golf there are two courses. Tierra del Sol and Divi Links.
    Tierra del Sol is a country club which offers villa and condo rentals so essential golf would be steps away. Diving on the other hand would require a car to get to the nearest dive operator in Palm Beach.

The Divi Links is surrounded by the Divi All Inclusive Resort, Tamarijn All Inclusive Resort as well as the Divi Links Villas, Divi Village and Divi Dutch Village. They can all be viewed at Diving on the other hand is again not just a walk away.

Imo, decide whether you will be doing more diving or golfing and which will be your course of choice and perhaps narrow it from there. Some of the dive operators will offer transportation from your resort to the shop from where the boat will depart but I have never heard of the golf courses offering this service. This then would involve the use of taxis or necessity for a rental car to get back and forth to the course.

Arikok Antilla Natural pool
    Not many of the major dive sites are really shore dives, and the ones that are close to shore are not close to any of the major hotels. If you are planning on going with one of the dive operators, they will generally pick you up and drop you off at your hotel.

My favorite dives:

South Coast
    The Fingers, large black coral down around 100 feet
    De Palm slope, closest thing to a wall in Aruba
    Harbor Reef
    Jane C

West Coast
    Blue Reef & Debbie II

If multible golf rounds is in your plans. You should seriously consider satying at Tierra Del Sol. They have unlimited golf packages which could save your foursome thousands. I have benn going to Tierra del sol for ten years now and we play 6 to 10 rounds of golf each trip. What we save in green fees more than pays for the house rental. It usually costs us 100 to 120 a day a man to share a house and we each save 300 in green fees a day. It's a no brainer.