Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Green Zebra off roading?

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    I wanted to come back to this and give a report of our green zebra experience.
    We had a blast!!!
    We went with the Baby Beach Tour because it went to places we hadn't been. I didn't think we'd be able to snorkel at baby beach because it only mentioned snorkeling with the other tour but we actually had about 30-35 minutes at the beach and they provided equipment (snorkel and mask anyway)!
    There was a family of 4, a couple of guys, us and another couple. The guide (wish I could remember his name!) was a hoot and very knowledgeable about the island (his grandmother is 96 and born/raised there so he knows his stuff!)
    I would highly recommend this tour BUT be prepared to be filthy! Even though you have a windshield in front of you the dust is amazing coming in from the sides. But it is SO worth it!!

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental
    I'm so glad you enjoyed it! That tour is so much fun!

sounds fun! we have a party of 6 going in Aug, and this sounds like a great time!
    Last edited by roxyblue77; 03-30-2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: grammar

Is the jeep tour something we should book prior to arriving? I think I read on their webswite that they recommend calling at least 2 months in advance.

Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Lisa, do you mean the green zebra excursion? We booked ours the day before we went on the excursion!
    Two years ago we went on one of the regular jeep excursions and I think they were booked 2 days out. I've never heard of having to book anything there 2 months in advance.
    With that said, we had 2 weeks there so we had time to wait if needed. It would be different if you are only there a short time.

I would love to hear more about this tour.. I am so interested. The only problem is that we are only staying for a week and can't possibly do EVERYTHING!!! decisions, decisons.... what shalll we do???

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    Lisa, do you mean the green zebra excursion? We booked ours the day before we went on the excursion!
    Two years ago we went on one of the regular jeep excursions and I think they were booked 2 days out. I've never heard of having to book anything there 2 months in advance.
    With that said, we had 2 weeks there so we had time to wait if needed. It would be different if you are only there a short time.

Hi Laura, yes I did read that for the Green Zebra. I thought this was a little crazy myself... but what do I know... I think I will call this week and book it. Is there a certain day of the week that is best; weekdays vs. weekends??

Thanks
    Lisa

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by lrealnurse View Post
    Hi Laura, yes I did read that for the Green Zebra. I thought this was a little crazy myself... but what do I know... I think I will call this week and book it. Is there a certain day of the week that is best; weekdays vs. weekends??

Thanks
    Lisa
    Like I said, I called the day before and got the next morning trip.
    It looks like you'll be there the middle of June and there are only a handful of cruise ships in that whole month (Cruise ship schedule). On our excursion we were the only 2 (of 10) not from a cruise ship.
    I really think you'd be ok waiting, just call as soon as you get there. There is a 10% off coupon in the Aruba Experience catalog (I think it was that one).

Maybe someone else can step in and let you know if there are things going on the week you are there that would make it busy.

Laura thanks for that Cruise ship schedule that was so helpful. Two days that we are there, there will be a cruise ship, so I can stay away from those days... thanks again....

Lisa

Lisa

You're welcome Lisa. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! I look forward to hearing about your experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast