Aruba Beach

Thread: hand line fishing from Aruba shoreline

hand line fishing from Aruba shoreline

We're off to Aruba in a couple of weeks and my 6 year old is really wanting to try hand fishing from the shoreline.

Does anyone here have any experience of this, ideally a good location and some tips on technique & bait etc

We're going to give it a go and I'll report back on how we get on. To be honest I don't think he'll be too disappointed if we don't catch anything, as long as we give it a go :-)

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

click below link for some prior threads re: shore fishing.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/surf%20fishing.html

Quote Originally Posted by dtw1975 View Post
    We're off to Aruba in a couple of weeks and my 6 year old is really wanting to try hand fishing from the shoreline.

Does anyone here have any experience of this, ideally a good location and some tips on technique & bait etc

We're going to give it a go and I'll report back on how we get on. To be honest I don't think he'll be too disappointed if we don't catch anything, as long as we give it a go :-)

thanks for the links Andrea

Think I might grab a little pen-rod to take with us

excitement levels rising, not sure how much more excited my kids can be before they explode :-)

The locals genrally fish from the lava rock at Boca Catalina, if you go at around 5 pm you will catch lots of small Amber Jacks which you can then use for fresh bait for larger fish.

The locals use a hand line with a balloon attached, when they throw the line and balloon in the wind takes it out 300', they then tug the line to release the balloon so the bait sinks to the floor, I have seen some pretty bug things pulled in by hand there.