Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helicopter arubahelitours

Aruba since 1979
    I sent them an email a few weeks ago and another yesterday inquiring about if they are flying?
    no reply.

Aruba since 1979
    Aruba Helitours are gone.
    Their helicopter is no where in sight.
    The sign and their kiosk at the marina area are gone.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Sorry to hear this, we took this tour and loved it. We also enjoyed watching them last year take off while we were at the paddock having a cocktail. Hopefully a new one will take its place as I thought this was a popular tour enjoyed by many.

Aruba since 1979
    those of us who have done a helicopter tour here in aruba probably would all agree it was a top 3 activity.
    when we were in aruba in May 2012, we noticed that the helicopter was not going out as much. we chalked it up to economics and the price of the tour.

in july or august, forum member Aquaman mentioned here, that he had not seen it buzzing overhead.

sad that a business that was so wonderful is now gone.

i too hope that another will take its place
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Sorry to hear this, we took this tour and loved it. We also enjoyed watching them last year take off while we were at the paddock having a cocktail. Hopefully a new one will take its place as I thought this was a popular tour enjoyed by many.

Andrea,

If you drive to the back area of the airport down the General Aviation road, you will see the little red helicopter there. It looks as if the engine area had been partially removed and then put back together in a very haphazard way. The chopper looks in sad condition. I suspect the chopper experienced some major mechanical issue and either the cost to repair or parts caused them to walk away.

On another note, the MasterBlaster is sitting on a trailer up in the hills in Alto Vista. It looks as if it has met the same fate.

John

Aruba since 1979
    sad indeed john/aquaman
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Andrea,

If you drive to the back area of the airport down the General Aviation road, you will see the little red helicopter there. It looks as if the engine area had been partially removed and then put back together in a very haphazard way. The chopper looks in sad condition. I suspect the chopper experienced some major mechanical issue and either the cost to repair or parts caused them to walk away.

On another note, the MasterBlaster is sitting on a trailer up in the hills in Alto Vista. It looks as if it has met the same fate.

John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12