Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help ID My Fish

Needlefish

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    OK folks...rob, my husband, needs to think that this was a barracuda...Lisa, thanks for all the info. I go to work today, leave at 1:30 to pick up the chicks at school, and I get a call from rob that Aruba Lisa is helping him ID his fish...I'm like "what"? I cannot tell you how many years that this was his dream catch. He and his nephew have this bet going every year for the catch of the "Cuda". Maybe this wasn't his year after all...the bet will probably be back on for next year. cindyo

That first fish pictrued is absolutely positively a Barracuda. Compare the black slash like markings on the side. If Rob O. is happy, everyone is happy.

Last edited by Arubalisa; 04-30-2008 at 05:10 PM.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Funny you should post that, he owns about 6 of those shirts. His job is enviroment/water engineer, so they all work for him !!!

OK, so I did not catch my elusive barracuda this year....make fun of me. But ARUBA BARRACUDAS BEWARE....I WILL BE BACK. I've already cleaned up by gear....gone to the sporting goods store to buy what I need to fish next year....and packed it away with all of my other "Aruba Only" stuff where it will sit and wait until the suitcases come up from the basement as they do every year on March 19....as timely as the return of the swallows of Capistrano.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Smile

I am a avid fisherman and snorkler. The first one was a barracuda. The last one is a needle fish. They swim on top when you snorkle. That is the biggest one I have ever seen. A trumpet fish doesn't have that peaked mouth. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    OK, so I did not catch my elusive barracuda this year....make fun of me. But ARUBA BARRACUDAS BEWARE....I WILL BE BACK. I've already cleaned up by gear....gone to the sporting goods store to buy what I need to fish next year....and packed it away with all of my other "Aruba Only" stuff where it will sit and wait until the suitcases come up from the basement as they do every year on March 19....as timely as the return of the swallows of Capistrano.
    Hey rob o....Will the March 19th date next year, of bringing up your suitcases from the basement, be following Easter Dinner again??????

Thanks Kent...

Love God....on Easter Morning I will be fishing in Aruba. Easter is April 12, 2009! Suitcases up three weeks before.

PS....Arubalisa.....you are the most remarkable Aruba resource.....I thought I was good....you are humbling!

Thanks for your help today.

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    PS....Arubalisa.....you are the most remarkable Aruba resource.....I thought I was good....you are humbling!
    Thanks for your help today.
    <<blushing>> You are very welcome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast