Aruba Beach

Thread: Hiking

Hiking

I am taking a cruise in a few weeks and the first stop is Aruba. I am looking to do some hiking in the 10 hours I am there and maybe some snorkling. I really don't want to take a tour, but would like to do what the locals do. Suggestions?

Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    the best tour guide for hiking is eddy croes.
    i know you are not interested in a tour, but this one is only 4 hrs and then maybe you can follow it up with a few hours at baby beach or catalina cove for snorkeling .

eddy croes = http://www.sensitivehikers.com/index...d=21&Itemid=28

cerry croes = private island tours www.pitaruba.com

again, i know you do not want tours, but especially the hiking..........this guy eddy is the BEST and was instrumental in paving the way for the national park to be made into a "national park"
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by sarvin67 View Post
    I am taking a cruise in a few weeks and the first stop is Aruba. I am looking to do some hiking in the 10 hours I am there and maybe some snorkling. I really don't want to take a tour, but would like to do what the locals do. Suggestions?

Thanks

Hiking

Thank you

Climb Mt. Hooiberg, for a view of Venezuela, Baby Beach to snorkel, Charlie's Bar in San Nicholas for a cold one. You also could rent a jeep, and do the whole island on your own(stay out of the sand on the rough side!)

Druif Beach, Casibari, Guadirikiri Cave, and Boca Catalina
    Kenny, that's useful information. We like to hike, too, but I don't see us going with a guide. We like to do our own thing at our own pace. Do you need a 4WD to drive through the park?