Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horseback riding

Horse back riding

Hi everyone.
    As my ticker ticks down we are starting to think of things to do while on vacation.
    we would like to ride horses preferably by the beach (my wife has some kind of fantasy with that). we are Novice Horse back riders we need tam or trained horses I was in my teens last time I rode a horse. has anyone done this if so how was it. and where did you rent from.
    Thanks in advance.
    Me & Ei

Next Aruba trip in

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Andrea and ~Amy~ are the horseback experts...I am sure they will answer.

"Rancho La Ponderosa...."
    www.rancholaponderosa.com

One of their rides (a few hours) goes out by the beach.
    It's a wonderful vista to see as you sit atop the horse at the top of the mountains on the north side of the island.... wish we could join you.

Soon enough, soon enough

Last edited by Mr. Ratt; 08-13-2009 at 07:10 PM.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Horse back riding

Thanks, It sounds like Rancho Ponderosa is very nice ride how about the Horses are they pretty tame.
    Me & Ei

Next Aruba trip in

Rancho Notorious is the only ranch in Aruba where you can ride along the water's edge on the beach for quite a ways (north of the Marriott). We've ridden with them many times over the years and have always had a great ride. They will ask you about your riding ability and match you to a horse suitable to your experience (or lack of. )

http://www.ranchonotorious.com/

Another ranch that we like quite a bit is a small mom-and-pop operation called The Gold Mine Ranch. They have very few horses so the chances of you getting a "private ride" are pretty good. We rode with them last Sept. and loved it. Hope to ride with them again this year.

http://www.thegoldmineranch.com/
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Wild horse's cant keep me away

OK thanks this was suppose to be ez, pick a place ride a horse.
    Maybe it's not that simple but is good to know that we do have a choice. the Gold Mine Ranch sounds like something we would like, I don't want to really ride with the calvary if you know what I mean. do they go along the beach or is Rancho Notorious the only one that travel the beach front.
    13 days B4 we leave
    Me & Ei

Next Aruba trip in

I have 3 horseback riding photos from The Gold Mine Ranch on my trip report at the following link (just click on the small photos in the report to make them larger) from last Sept. It was just the guide, myself, and my 2 girlfriends.

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/tri...ike/index.html

You will travel across the cunucu and over to the rough side of the island. There are a few sandy coves (like you see in the photo) but no real beach riding (horses walking in the water.) You'll only get a true beach ride with Rancho Notorious but they do take larger groups. We used to pay extra for private rides with Rancho Notorious but I see that their prices for that have gone up CONSIDERABLY since the last time I did one.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks Amy, I was stuck reading all of your reviews. Thanks again for sharing
    Me & Ei

Next Aruba trip in

To anyone who's been to Rancho Notorious, which of the 4 tours would you recommend? My girlfriend seems a little scared of tour 4, and your 1 is only an hour, so I guess I really just want to know more about tour 2 or tour 3. Is tour 2 really worth 120 bucks, or should we stick with tour 3 for 70?

Any opinions on these tours would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dan

Aruba since 1979
    i say none of the above for notorious.

easy and less treacherous is the beach ride/countryside ride at leponderosa and gold mine
    i have ridden with them all

and typically i ride most mornings early during my aruba stays and imo gold mine and le ponderosa are the best for horse conditions, safe rides and customer service and help from trailmaster.
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by DSulls View Post
    To anyone who's been to Rancho Notorious, which of the 4 tours would you recommend? My girlfriend seems a little scared of tour 4, and your 1 is only an hour, so I guess I really just want to know more about tour 2 or tour 3. Is tour 2 really worth 120 bucks, or should we stick with tour 3 for 70?

Any opinions on these tours would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast