Aruba Beach

Thread: Horseback riding

Horseback riding

Seems as though many threads are a couple years old for this, is la ponderosa still a good experience or is another company better?

I found it

Horse Riding

Has anyone been Horse Riding In Aruba , There are several diffent stables,
    Has anyone got a preference , Also what are the Horses like are they well schooled,and do they supply riding hats.
    I have been to Aruba lots of times each time I have never been horse riding. I have not ridden for a long time because of my disablities ,So I need to know if the horses are alright because, Its so tempting ,I dream of riding on the beach.
    The last couple of times we have been to the Horse competion,Its so different from the Uk but a very enjoyable night out ,I was quite surprised to find horses come in to Aruba from different countries .They show it on the local televison station,Plus I had never seen so many locals, Its seems very popular. Its so cheap to get in Plenty of bars and food outlets ,So if you like horses you will enjoy ...

Aruba since 1979
    i have ridden at most if not all of the places in aruba.
    i do love the paso fino horses and they have a nice smooth trot.

make sure that when you make your inquiries you do a beach ride and not a ride to the natural pool. (it is a difficult ride) also request a paso fino horse and most of the places have riding helmets. (bring a disinfecting wipe to wipe it out)

the horses LOVE peppermint lifesavers too
    Quote Originally Posted by glynis View Post
    Has anyone been Horse Riding In Aruba , There are several diffent stables,
    Has anyone got a preference , Also what are the Horses like are they well schooled,and do they supply riding hats.
    I have been to Aruba lots of times each time I have never been horse riding. I have not ridden for a long time because of my disablities ,So I need to know if the horses are alright because, Its so tempting ,I dream of riding on the beach.
    The last couple of times we have been to the Horse competion,Its so different from the Uk but a very enjoyable night out ,I was quite surprised to find horses come in to Aruba from different countries .They show it on the local televison station,Plus I had never seen so many locals, Its seems very popular. Its so cheap to get in Plenty of bars and food outlets ,So if you like horses you will enjoy ...

We've done the private rides a couple of times each at both Rancho Notorious and at Gold Mine Ranch. Both were great but we liked Gold Mine a little bit better because it was a smaller mom and pop type of ranch.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanyou very much

Thankyou so very much both of you ,Yes a beach ride as thats what I dream of .
    Good that they supply helmets( hard hats).Maybe I will give it a go this time .Then I can let you all know how I get on..
    I have been in tears today over the Olympics Dressage to Music as that was my sport lets say once upon a time!

Aruba since 1979
    Once u have sat a paso fino you'd be hard pressed to find another with such a wonderful gait. Enjoy