Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How's the snorkeling lately

Kent, I see you use a Sea Scooter. I am an experienced snorkeler, but have never tried one. The classic version is on sale right now for $199. Do you recommend them?

Thanks!

Went to Boca and it was pretty good visibility. The next day when some of our friends went they said it got really murky. So it really depends on the weather

Hurricanes???

I thought Aruba was OUTside the hurricane belt. That is what they state on the Aruba.com website. Is this false advertising? Need to get my snorkeling fix & August looks like the only time. Can't go back to Anguilla~IN hurricane belt AND they(sniff, sniff)got rid of Rendezvous Bay Hotel & Villas, which was THE best place & restaurant to be at!(Can't make it back to Hawaii til NEXT year!)
    Can anyone tell me about the hurricane chances???
    Thanx!
    Aloha!

Aruba since 1979
    aruba has not had a hurricane direct hit for decades.
    yup the hurricanes look to dometimes head dead on but then they hook northwestward.

so yes technically out of the hurricane belt

but aruba does feel affects
    if there is a hurricane in the caribbean, north and northeast of aruba the storm tends to suck away the beautiful trade winds on aruba.

and of course the outer bands sometimes produce downpours (Lenny and Ivan) and thunderstorms. rarely the high winds.

so technically........out of the hurricane belt.
    but i bet the hurricanes go anyplace that they want to go.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by LoyallyLOST View Post
    I thought Aruba was OUTside the hurricane belt. That is what they state on the Aruba.com website. Is this false advertising? Need to get my snorkeling fix & August looks like the only time. Can't go back to Anguilla~IN hurricane belt AND they(sniff, sniff)got rid of Rendezvous Bay Hotel & Villas, which was THE best place & restaurant to be at!(Can't make it back to Hawaii til NEXT year!)
    Can anyone tell me about the hurricane chances???
    Thanx!
    Aloha!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123