Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need your opinion for snorkeling with youngsters

We just got home from Aruba, our kids are 5 & 10. We purchased the day package to snorkel at De Palm Island. I'm not sure if this is typical around De Palm, but the water was quite choppy for my kids. Lots of fish to see & other activities to keep the kids happy. I hear around the lighthouse is a favorite snorkel spot.

Boca Catalina is our favorite spot. I have directions for snorkeling Boca Catalina and Catalina Cove here. We have snorkeled there with a child who was a non-swimmer. As long as it is a calm day the kids can walk right into the water right from the beach to any depth that is comftable for them. There is a bit of seagrass close by, but right there they should be able to see pompano, silversides and other lone fish swimming by.

www.arubabound.com/dive/snorkeling.htm

How Far Catalina Cove

www.aruba.com/forum/f10/how-far-catalina-cove-43155/

Snorkeling Boca Catalina

www.aruba.com/forum/tags/snorkeling%20boca%20catalina.html

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/snorkeling.html

Awesome information.

I have never snorkled...ever.

Taking the grand daughter next time

whats wrong with snorkling at the beach in front of the hotel??

I would love information on the laminated card-- where do you find that?
    Last edited by serene56; 10-13-2011 at 09:41 PM.

I have seen those cards in gift shops and dive shpos on the island. You can always google it and find a bunch of places that sell them if you want to get one ahead of time. Here's a link to just on that's pretty cool.

http://frankosmaps.com/maps/product/...res-Guide.html

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    I have seen those cards in gift shops and dive shpos on the island. You can always google it and find a bunch of places that sell them if you want to get one ahead of time. Here's a link to just on that's pretty cool.

http://frankosmaps.com/maps/product/...res-Guide.html

thanks- i ordered it for her suitcase-

Make sure you take some bread to feed the fish. The kids would love that. We put the bread in a water bottle and then top it off with the sea water. Anytime you want to feed them take the lid off and squeeze alittle and some bread and of course, water comes out. That really brings the fish around for some great pictures of the kids. Kent
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I need your opinion for snorkeling with youngsters-042_42.jpg  
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    whats wrong with snorkling at the beach in front of the hotel??
    With the plain white sandy bottom the only fish you will see are small silversides. IF your swim area has sea grass, you may find some starfish, sea urchins or an occasional larger fish.

More info, including photos at How far is Catalina Cove?

oo how nice- (but too bad I will not go into that water-- scared of the fishes.

You shoulda seen me when those little silver fish were swimming in the ocean-- I'd like near had a heart attack.--lol

Aruba since 1979
    a bag of frozen peas is terrific for feeding fish too.

The star fish are great!! Even a turtle or sting ray every now and then. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast