Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'd like a suggestion please!

I'd like a suggestion please!

We're coming up on our 8th year in a row to the beautiful Aruba.
    My wife has had one hell of a year and deserves something memorable so I'm hoping to get some suggestions. Last year we had the private island/table at the Old Man and the Sea so been there, done that. I'm hoping for something romantic, couple hundred bucks tops. Thanks!!

Aruba since 1979
    what about a helicopter tour and then wine, french bread and brie on the beach at sunset.

Couples massage on the beach at Manchebo. The web site looks very inviting.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    I was going to suggest the helicopter ride as well. You could do the Fly & Dine for just under $200.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    I was going to suggest the helicopter ride as well. You could do the Fly & Dine for just under $200.
    That looks pretty good! Seems like dinner should be included though no? Has anyone done this before?

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnewhampshire View Post
    That looks pretty good! Seems like dinner should be included though no? Has anyone done this before?
    I'm sorry. After I posted that I got to thinking that it sounded cheap considering what we paid for a tour of the island. I went back to look at it and saw that doesn't include dinner or the ride back. I had good intentions

I know you have somewhat of a dollar limit...but I did, too, when I was looking for something special when we wanted to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary a few years ago. I was hesitant to spend the money, but we did, and it was worth EVERY PENNY. "It" being a private dinner cruise on the Morning Star. We felt like a king and queen that night and to this day, it is probably one of our most (if not THE most) memorable experiences in Aruba.

We spent the first part of the cruise drinking champagne and eating fruit, cheese, bread, enjoying the sunset and the company of Kat and Marciano (your hosts/chef - and it was funny, they knew when we wanted to talk with them and when to "disappear". LOL!) After the sunset, we anchored and they prepared a table for a 4 course dinner which was fabulous! I think we ate and drank (and drank!) for about 6 hours. And they cater it to your preferences as far as what you like to eat and drink.

http://www.morningstararuba.com/

My dessert on the Morning Star:

Last edited by ~Amy~; 07-14-2010 at 02:47 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Wow, that sail is very tempting Amy. I just sent them an email for more info. Marandi's looks like Marina Pirata which we enjoyed very much last year, good suggestion TomFrederick.
    Keep em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by mattnewhampshire View Post
    Wow, that sail is very tempting Amy. I just sent them an email for more info. Marandi's looks like Marina Pirata which we enjoyed very much last year, good suggestion TomFrederick.
    Keep em coming!
    Marandi is a bit pricier than Marina Pirata.

If money were no object I would go with Morningstar if only on Amy's reccommendation.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast