Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'd like a suggestion please!

I'm really considering that actually. I think if I do that I'll have an out of the doghouse pass if I ever get in trouble down the road

Quote Originally Posted by mattnewhampshire View Post
    I'm really considering that actually. I think if I do that I'll have an out of the doghouse pass if I ever get in trouble down the road
    Imho, the Morningstar would/should give one's spouse a LIFETIME get out of jail free card!

Life is too short. If you can afford it, why not take advantage of these once in a lifetime opportunities.
    Even more so because it is in Aruba and a place you both love.

Your pass would definitely last quite a long time if you surprise her with that!

We were only thinking of spending around $200 or so like you but nothing seemed all that great or "special" for $200 until I stumbled onto the Morning Star. We balked at the price at first but then had the "you only live once" attitude and "you can't take it with ya". We still talk about that dinner cruise to this day and might even do it again next year for our 15-yr anniv. if we're in Aruba that month.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>>> "If money were no object I would go with Morningstar"
    ----- I would too but for just 2 too much for me.
    >>>> "Imho, the Morningstar would/should give one's spouse a LIFETIME get out of jail free card! "
    ------- Never thought of that. Might look into that in years to come.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 07-16-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Your pass would definitely last quite a long time if you surprise her with that!

We were only thinking of spending around $200 or so like you but nothing seemed all that great or "special" for $200 until I stumbled onto the Morning Star. We balked at the price at first but then had the "you only live once" attitude and "you can't take it with ya". We still talk about that dinner cruise to this day and might even do it again next year for our 15-yr anniv. if we're in Aruba that month.
    All set for the Morningstar! Thanks for the reccomendation, now I'm wondering what I'm gonna do next year! One step at a time I guess

All set for the Morningstar! Thanks for the reccomendation, now I'm wondering what I'm gonna do next year! One step at a time I guess
    I hope your evening is as enjoyable as ours was. Kat is a pleasure to work with and a great chef, too - I'm sure she'll do her utmost to make it a memorable evening.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --

Has anyone here taken the helicopter ride? I'm interested in hearing some experiences because I've always considered doing it.

Aruba since 1979
    i know that arubalisa and arubaamy both did it and LOVED IT.
    i hope they post their reviews.

In 19 trips for dh and I, the "island" helicopter tour ranks in our families all time top 4 Aruba adventures (in no particular order: Tranquilo, Jolly Pirates, Kini Kini ATV & Island helicopter tour).

Aruba Island Helicopter Tour Photos

From my review:

"Dh and I always wanted to take the helicopter tour, but had a tough time justifying the expense. This year we decide to bite the bullet and in lieu of exchanging gifts for our wedding anniversary, do the helicopter tour instead. Thursday morning was our helicopter tour of the island.
    There is only one operator on the island, Aruba Heli Tours. We decided to reserve the first tour of the day at 10 a.m. in order to have the rest of the day at the beach.

Christian was our pilot and tour guide. We felt it was well worth the extra money for the island tour versus the beach tour. The island tour begins at the helipad at the marina in Oranjestad. We headed north and saw Druif, Eagle, Palm Beach, Malmok, Arashi and beyond. We out over the wreck of the Antilla for a very unique view. From there it was on around the lighthouse and Tierra del Sol Country Club with all of it's palatial homes, flying along the northeast coast all the way up to the Aruba Drag Raceway Park.

Christian then took us back towards the west coast with a view of the refinery, heading back northward over the barrier islands towards to Oranjestad over Savaneta and past the airport, finally land back in Oranjestad. The color of the water during this portion of the flight was just as breathtaking as it is over Palm Beach."

I don't have anything additional to add to Lisa's great detailed review above except that we LOVED IT!!

It was a fun way to see the island and we'd definitely do it again!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast