Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'd like a suggestion please!

Thank you for the review. Did either one of you feel safe in such a small flying aircraft? I have a slight fear of heights and get motion sickness pretty easily (yeah, I know, I'm a mess but I take the necessary precautions) especially if you're bouncing all around. Was it a smooth ride?

Last year we did the sunset sail and parasailing and I was sick for a week with motion sickness. I had a sinus infection last year and I am assuming it was the culprit that messed up my equilibrium. I've done both activities in past years and I was fine.

Our then 12 yo daughter was petrified before she even stepped foot in the copter but we did not give her a choice. We wanted her to broaden her horizons and take, what was in her mind, a "risk". She made out fine and thought it was "really cool".

Dh and I are both afraid of heights. We too were worried about that fact and being up in the copter in a smallish space. Once we were airborne and saw there was so much to see we did not even give it a second thought. There is so much to see, you do not know which way to look. No time to think about your fears.

Sorry I cannot comment on the motion sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Our then 12 yo daughter was petrified before she even stepped foot in the copter but we did not give her a choice. We wanted her to broaden her horizons and take, what was in her mind, a "risk". She made out fine and thought it was "really cool".

Dh and I are both afraid of heights. We too were worried about that fact and being up in the copter in a smallish space. Once we were airborne and saw there was so much to see we did not even give it a second thought. There is so much to see, you do not know which way to look. No time to think about your fears.

Sorry I cannot comment on the motion sickness.
    Thanks, that was incredibly helpful and put me at ease. I guess there would be a lot to see crammed into a 15 minute ride and not a lot of time to be worrying about being in the air. Looks like you got some crisp pictures so the glass in the helicopter must be pretty clear and clean. Good to know as well. If you didn't notice any shaking, drops or large movements, it must be pretty smooth.

I am trying to conquer and scare my fear of heights out completely. My wife and I were in Atlantis a few months ago and I went down the 90ft vertical drop water slide. Whhhheeeeeew! I think it's working.

Quote Originally Posted by logan7ms View Post
    If you didn't notice any shaking, drops or large movements, it must be pretty smooth.
    This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu9D8gLl7KI is the video dh took with our cheapo poor quality video camera. Imo it will give you an idea of the smoothness.

I remember the only "bumpiness" the pilot said we would have would be a little wind off of the Renaissance Hotel as we took off. Sure enough, you could feel a little rocking motion but it lasted a few seconds and as soon as we pulled away from the hotel, it was smooth sailing the entire way.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    My dh and I have done the helicopter tour both times we've been to Aruba and it was awesome both times! We highly recommend it.
    This past March it was really windy when we went up and the pilot warned us that it was going to be bumpy until we got higher and he was right. Once we got up to a certain height it smoothed right out and it was as glorious as could be!! We did the whole island tour both times. Best money we spent!

*Also, in March when we went I was getting over a double ear infection and I had no troubles!

I have a question about the morningstar... My husband and I will be heading back to Aruba in late October for the 5th time... we always try to find one special thing to do and this looks like it may be a winner... does anyone know if the prices listed on the website are per person? it isnt specific and I was just curious! 86 more days.......

Quote Originally Posted by dipeblnd View Post
    I have a question about the morningstar... My husband and I will be heading back to Aruba in late October for the 5th time... we always try to find one special thing to do and this looks like it may be a winner... does anyone know if the prices listed on the website are per person? it isnt specific and I was just curious! 86 more days.......
    No, the price is the total for the number of people specified. For example, the dinner cruise for 1-2 people is $600. That is $600 total for the dinner cruise for up to 2 people, not per person.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Talking

Thank you Amy! Perfect. Thank you I cant wait.

Smile

1 month ago I did the Island tour which was more but it was worth it. Thats my first time in 20 trips and I will do it again!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast