Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Jads

Jads

Was out and about and ended up at the baseball field at the entrance to Baby Beach. Saw that there had been some work done on the former dive shop and drove over. The new name is JADS and the place was packed. Folks that were coming back from a dive were sharing with non-divers/ The bar was hoping and packed while the little (brand spanking new mini mart) was also packed.

This is something that the area has long needed and I take my hat off to the folks that put it together. Nice job, great eye appeal, fun music, ocean nearby and on ARUBA- HHHH

be well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

For the last 2 visits down, my family has been diving with Jads, great people, great dives and the new bar/restaurant down at baby beach is fabulous..counting the days till september when I'll be back ....

Aruba since 1979
    JADS a terrific organization, nice shop too.

we stopped and had drinks at the bar there in august.

Given all the compliments here I was shocked at how rude they were when we stopped in.

Aruba since 1979
    what happened when you stopped in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Given all the compliments here I was shocked at how rude they were when we stopped in.

Does the divemaster dive with the group like other Caribbean dive destinations? I like having a divemaster leading the group and a sweeper (like in Grand Cayman) bringing up the rear.

Gary

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    I dove with Jads three times this week. There are simply not enough nice things to be said about everyone on the staff. From the minute I walked through the door on the first day until I stepped off of the boat after my last dive, they were all terrific. JP (the owner of Jads) made me breakfast and coffee on Monday morning before we went out! Four of the people who made reservations for Monday missed their connecting flight, so Rudolph took me and one other guy out for two very nice shore dives. I went back out on Thursday and Friday with about 10 divers. There was a divemaster leading the group and one who stayed in back, as described by the previous poster. They were very professional and thorough and the equipment was in excellent condition. I am a very new diver, and I felt very comfortable and safe.

Many thanks to everyone at Jads for a great experience!

Thank you. i was on the fence about diving but after reading your review, i will give them a try. I've never dived before so this is very helpful for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBunches View Post
    I dove with Jads three times this week. There are simply not enough nice things to be said about everyone on the staff. From the minute I walked through the door on the first day until I stepped off of the boat after my last dive, they were all terrific. JP (the owner of Jads) made me breakfast and coffee on Monday morning before we went out! Four of the people who made reservations for Monday missed their connecting flight, so Rudolph took me and one other guy out for two very nice shore dives. I went back out on Thursday and Friday with about 10 divers. There was a divemaster leading the group and one who stayed in back, as described by the previous poster. They were very professional and thorough and the equipment was in excellent condition. I am a very new diver, and I felt very comfortable and safe.

Many thanks to everyone at Jads for a great experience!

Does JADS do their Discover Scuba and open water certification as only shore dives?

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    I'm not sure about that, Lisa. There were two people completing dives 3 and 4 for Open Water certification on our boat on Thursday, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast