Aruba Beach

Thread: Jeans or Shorts for ALL Day ATV Tour?

Cool Jeans or Shorts for ALL Day ATV Tour?

I have just booked us on an all day, private ATV tour. Now - what to wear??

We will be stopping to get wet at the Natural Pool (so a swim suit underneath it all??) Will we need water shoes or will our sneakers work??

Should we wear jeans (too hot??) or shorts (get burned??)

Thanks for the help!!

We leave in 3 months & I am already packing!!

Linda

Jeans? TOO HOT!!!

Which private tour did you book?

Cool Definitely Shorts!

Definitely shorts/swimsuit (and make sure you apply suntan lotion before your tour). I wouldn't even consider bringing a pair of jeans with me to Aruba (too hot!). Besides, you would not want to waste time changing in/out of your bathing suit when you got to the Natural Pool (i.e. less time spent at/in the pool).

I would also advise bringing water shoes to the pool (it is a little rocky/slippery in/around the pool). However, you should also have a good pair of shoes (i.e. running shoes - not sandals/water shoes) for riding your ATV (safer) and for walking down to the pool itself (many stairs and rocks to climb over to access the pool).

P.S. Do not forget to wear a pair of sunglasses on your tour (it is very sunny and dusty on the trails).

P.P.S. (for Arubalisa). I did the Kini Kini tour and it was very good.

Baby beach, paseo La Herencia, Palm Beach, Arashi, Malmok, Boca Prints, the downtown

Cool

List of the things that you HAVE to wear and grab in your purse in this tour:
    You have to wear shorts, because the jeans are too hot.
    Swimsuit underneath it all
    Buy a good quality sunblock, like Avené, La roche-posay, and Vichy, 50+ or 100 FPS, apply every hour, and after get wet, and dont forget the ears.
    You have to bring a purse, with your sunblock, and a hat is always a good choice if you gonna do this tour all day long.
    A thermal spring water spray for keeping your face and your body off the heat of the sun in aruba, Avene have good thermal waters in spray
    A T-shirt or Tank Top made of cotton
    You HAVE to wear a good pair of sneakers because the rocks can hurt your feets, and a good pair of water shoes or good quality flip flops inside the water, because in the water there rocks too and little fishs, and is better be safe and dont get hurt.
    A little towel
    A bottle of fresh water for everything (like wash your face, your hands, your feets, and drinking too)
    If you are a glam girl you can do this tour with a touch of elegance if you bring a cute shorts, a cute top and a trend hat, ohhh and a very good quality beach purse, you have to checks Victorias Secret things to wear in Aruba (like the clothes, resortwear, and swimsuits)
    Sunglasses is always a MUST (Dior have a good choices)
    A silk scarf looks good on your hair and protect your face from the sun
    Cookies if you are hungry
    Mp3 if you get bored

P.D. If you apply your sunblock every hour, and, is an extremely good quality sunblock, your gonna be fine. I met persons who work in the best Hotels in aruba and they told me that many people want to get 'savage' under this arubian sun, and, after 2 days they finish with serious burns on their skins, because, they don´t know how to take care of yourself under this extremely hot sun. So, if you do like me and dont forget your sunblock, your gonna have the best tan of your life and your skin (and your trip too...) are gonna be safe.

The best tanning of your life doesn't match with the suntan lotions.
    The firts days you have to protect your skin and with the days you will see (slowly of course) a little gold tone on your skin that can last a eternity if you do all fine.

Dont buy suntan lotions
    Aruba have a line of skincare products called Aruba Aloe, they have amazing products like shampoo and body lotion. And in the perfumes stores they have a line of parfums inspirated on the island (beautiful bottles and yummy scents) called Seajewels, and the money of this bottle is for save the arubian beaches I think.

The firts day your gonna be excited, and maybe nervous because there so many things to do. But, like me, with the past of the days your gonna get the chill of the arubian spirit. And slowly your gonna feel that your mind is so relaxed. When I came to aruba probably I look like a rockstar, and I leave the island with a look like-the-homeless people But I can help you if have other concerns about your trip to Aruba, so, if you want my e-mail for helping you in every aspect you can write me and let me know. I do this trip all by myself without any travel agency helping me, and I can say to you, that is the best trip I ever made. Greetings and hugs for you. I know that you are gonna be happy in this beatiful island. Enjoy and have fun!!!

Nothing much to say other than do not wear jeans, wow heat stroke!

Thumbs up

We booked an all day ~ PRIVATE Tour with Kini kini!

They have been great!! I had booked an all day tour with another company - then they told me they didn't do all day tours any more. So I told them a half day would be fine ~ just give me back half my money! They never did so I had to call the fraud dept. at my credit card to get it ALL back.

Then I was a little nervouse about booking again - but I found good reviews re: Kini Kini & they replied almost INSTANLTY to my e-mails & answered all my questions. So for just a few dollars more - we are going on the private tour - that way we can stay as long as we like at whatever stop we like & not worry about the group wanting to go.

I think I'll go with the swim suit under the shorts idea- with lots of sunblock. I have never seen 100 proof sun block so some one let me know where to get it here in California.

Christan V ~ for a second there I thought you knew me!! I try & go WAY too glam when we go on vacation!! We just got back from a week on O'ahu - I had just bought some Dolce Gabana sunglasses & a gold metalic hobo bag from Victoria Secret!! I felt like an "heiress" as we walked along the shops of Waikiki (looking for 10 T-shirts for $ 20.00!!)

For Aruba ~ we are doing a lot of "off rode" stuff & water activities so a new tank suit may be in order.

Thanks for all the great info.
    Linda
    Last edited by wildewoman; 03-03-2008 at 09:10 PM.

Alot of good info was given above but one thing you should know (I might have missed it)...YOU WILL COME BACK VERY DIRTY. So don't wear those new bright white sneakers or a white shirt! It will be brown by the end of the day!

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by elisabeth_nj View Post
    Alot of good info was given above but one thing you should know (I might have missed it)...YOU WILL COME BACK VERY DIRTY. So don't wear those new bright white sneakers or a white shirt! It will be brown by the end of the day!

Have fun!

The proof from moderator Andrea's photo in the gallery:
    Click on thumbnail to enlarge

I can't wait!!