Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Jet Lev (Jetpack)

Jet Lev (Jetpack)

Well I tried it. On Sept. 24,2015 I was at the Red Sail pier at 8:30am for my new adventure. At first I was very nervous, especialy about the training involving rolling over once I fall into the water and quickly try to turn over with a jet pack attached to me. The controls to lift, down or sideways are Very sensintive and that made me crash under about five times. On the fith time I arose above the water, went as high as my feet where dragging on the ocean tip, turned, went a little higher and crashed into the ocean. That was it for me. I thought I would push a button and just take off- not so easy. It was a great experience. Starts off with 10 minutes of training and 35 minutes of flying time. Cost: $ 149.00 from 8:30am- 10am than $179.00 from 10am till 4pm. Now fell if I try it again I will do better - but it is expensive. The Red Sail pier is located between Hyatt hotel and Occidental.Its something totally differant and quite a rush on your brain. All and all I tried it, rose and am done.

Aruba since 1979
    terrific
    thanks for sharing

Last year I watched some people do it and they made it look so easy! I knew there was more to it. It's not for me! LOL

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Ahhhh not for me!!
    Hope you got someone to video you

Is there a drink holder? Otherwise I'm going to have to be a spectator....

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Omg! I nearly blurted my coffee out laughing this am....

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post

Hahaha Walt that is great!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    excellent one walt!
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tstroum View Post
    Well I tried it. On Sept. 24,2015 I was at the Red Sail pier at 8:30am for my new adventure. At first I was very nervous, especialy about the training involving rolling over once I fall into the water and quickly try to turn over with a jet pack attached to me. The controls to lift, down or sideways are Very sensintive and that made me crash under about five times. On the fith time I arose above the water, went as high as my feet where dragging on the ocean tip, turned, went a little higher and crashed into the ocean. That was it for me. I thought I would push a button and just take off- not so easy. It was a great experience. Starts off with 10 minutes of training and 35 minutes of flying time. Cost: $ 149.00 from 8:30am- 10am than $179.00 from 10am till 4pm. Now fell if I try it again I will do better - but it is expensive. The Red Sail pier is located between Hyatt hotel and Occidental.Its something totally differant and quite a rush on your brain. All and all I tried it, rose and am done.
    Thanks for tge review! We've been discouraged by the price. We'll when I say we, obviously I mean my husband, he's the adventurer. Would you say you got your money's worth out of the experience? I also read that it wasn't the most comfortable the way you are strapped in, any comments on the comfort?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

I would say I did get my monies worth because I tried a very diffulcult new device and I never mastered it but did rise out of the water and actually turned. It was an accomplishment and I was very nervous at first. I good point about being strapped in. I am a good swimmer but trying to roll over under water after you crash or fail was not easy with a jet pack on your back. Also what I did not enjoy is it had a seat attached to the jet pack that was- how do I describe it- kinda made you hunched over instead of being straight up. i did not enjoy that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast