Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Jet Pack Tour

Jet Pack Tour

I am beginning to research some activities for my family when we finally arrive in November. I am afraid that on our Honeymoon 25 years ago my husband discovered that he did not marry an athlete. I am not going to wind surf, parasailing is a spectator sport, and goodness knows that diving is not happening. Nothing has changed for either of us, He enjoys water sports and I enjoy watching water sports. LOL!

I know he had mentioned parasailing again, but I saw the jet pack adventures, and wonder what you know about this activity, and if you have any recommendations. We are staying at Barcelo.

TIA!!
    Nancy

We have seen some people look like they are struggling and face planting in the water on that jet pack thing. May want to watch from the beach for a while before you pay. The guy that run it make it look easy, the tourists, not so much.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    agree with tracey!

my son and daughter in law had considered it, spoke with the guy on the beach that was the instructor and he said it takes 10 minutes to become someowhat comfortable with it.
    they watched and watched and did not see good results so they did not try it.

i would highly suggest focusing on something like Arubabob snorkel adventures (not to be confused with seabob)
    http://www.redsailaruba.com/en/activ...lev/index.html

Not only is it hard to do but its also very dangerous. There were a couple kids that got pretty hurt this past summer trying to play around with the jet pack. One of them dislocated there shoulder and I forget the other injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We have seen some people look like they are struggling and face planting in the water on that jet pack thing. May want to watch from the beach for a while before you pay. The guy that run it make it look easy, the tourists, not so much.

Jetlev is a definite spectator sport. We enjoy it from the pier at Bugaloe along with ice cold adult beverages. If he likes parasailing how bout skydiving? http://www.skydivearuba.com/

Okay, no jet packs!!!!

If your husband likes water sports, I've recently discovered this business Aruba Wakeboard school. https://www.facebook.com/Aruba-Wakeb...2686757173851/

I received great communication from the owner and here is some info from his response: All lessons are private. Every session is 30 minutes at 80 dollar per set. We are open on weekends

I think that is a great deal! I love to wake board BUT I don't think my torn rotator cuff would enjoy it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I think that is a great deal! I love to wake board BUT I don't think my torn rotator cuff would enjoy it much.
    My husband is a wakeboarder, he is thinking about having them show him some tricks. They have really good reviews on Trip Advisor for all skill levels. We were hoping they offered wake surfing too, but they don't yet. If you haven't seen wake surfing, it's pretty cool, you ride the wake of the boat with no rope or anything, lots of people at the lake where my dad lives are doing it. You have to have a wakeboard boat to do it though because you need the right kind of wake behind the boat.

I have never wake surfed but that would certainly be much better on my shoulder. I just watched a video...looks like an easy transition from wake boarding and a lot of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    My husband is a wakeboarder, he is thinking about having them show him some tricks. They have really good reviews on Trip Advisor for all skill levels. We were hoping they offered wake surfing too, but they don't yet. If you haven't seen wake surfing, it's pretty cool, you ride the wake of the boat with no rope or anything, lots of people at the lake where my dad lives are doing it. You have to have a wakeboard boat to do it though because you need the right kind of wake behind the boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast