Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Jolly Pirate

Amanda/tamarijn

Hi Amanda,
    Welcome back from paradise! We will be there in 4 days!!!! Staying at Tamarijn and requested 1900 ground floor rooms(3 couples).
    My anniversary is the day we arrive and we will be very tired ,getting up at 3:30 am,arrive around 1:30pm.
    Which restaurant would you recommend at Tamarijn or Divi for dinner outside (it's a full moon as it was on our romantic honeymoon dinner celebration on beach at Hyatt. 7 years ago). Hopefully we can get a reservation when we arrive for early that evening????

Any other recommendations????
    Thank You
    Palmtree Girl

We too enjoyed the Jolly Pirate. The kids enjoyed it a little more than the adults, but were intimidated by the waves at the Antilla. Dd to her credit did get in the water here to see the ship. Also took the rope swing for a whirl a couple of times.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Zb6np1n0o

Next year I think it will be back to Tranquilo for some Dutch Pea Soup and Balashi's.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    You are a cool mom, love the utube of little miss..........

we went a couple of years ago and my girlfriends husband and I did the rope swing.............OMG !!! What a blast, the coolest ever......and the guys doing 180's off the boat and rope.......great show, great rumrunners, great time !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Thumbs up Jolly pirates!

My husband and 2 year daughter and I just got back from Aruba on the 14th of june! I would have to say the 2 highlights were the ATV tours and the Jolly pirates! We went from the 9-2 i believe and it was beautiful. When we stopped to do the rope swing my husband was loving it, he'd do flips and somersaults, I finally got enough courage to go off just once just so i could get a picture taken. Well of course my husband screwed up the 1st picture so I had to go again, which I have to admit it was a blast! But the best part was getting to get on the back of one of the guys from the crew (he's a hottie!) and then doing a somersault off the rope swing with him. That was awesome! They guys on the ship were so nice and caring and the food was great as well as the drinks!
    I would definantly recommend the Jolly pirates for anyone and everyone. There were younger kids going off the rope swing the whole time as well.
    The different snorkeling sights were neat, saw a huge sea turtle and a starfish (hopefully the pictures turned out!), lots of neat colorful fish! The ship was the coolest stop ever, it was neat to see the ship and all the fish around it.

Mu husband will be going to Aruba the second week of Oct. We are interested in the Jolly Pirate's also. Do you recommend reservations ahead of time or can we do them when we get there?

Quote Originally Posted by rum punch View Post
    Do you recommend reservations ahead of time or can we do them when we get there?
    If your dates are flexible you could probably wait until you get there.

BUT if you book online http://www.jolly-pirates.com/ you will receive a 15% discount.

We've done the Jolly Pirates before and LOVED it! This year we will have 2 little ones with us - 4 & 6 Anyone know if there is an age limit? Of course my husband or I plan to stay on the boat with the boys at Antilla - too rough for little ones. TIA
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

bumping

Has anyone ever taken little ones on the Jolly Pirates? I've emailed them twice, but haven't rec'd a response yet. Thanks
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f18/renaissance-ocean-suites-trip-report-day-1-2-7-11-7-12-a-32128/#post114975 This forum member just sailed with a 2 1/2 yo and 5 yo (and maybe one other child?)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast