Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Jolly Pirate

Jolly Pirate

I have read reviews about the Jolly Pirate. Has anyone gone on it? I see they have a rope swing. I have watched videos, some people make it far when they swing, others just drop right away. Is there a trick to it, maybe keeping your knees bent? I don't want to look completely silly doing it!

My kids love the Jolly Pirates!

I think the trick is being young, and NOT enjoying too much pirate punch!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Teenagers love it. The crew is great to all as well.

The secret to not dropping off as soon as you swing off the boat is in the arms. If you're arms are bent, your body weight pulls you down and your arms can't support you (unless you're in tip top condition). Keep your arms extended above you on the rope. Watch the videos, that's what happens to so many people.

A tip. Big old fat guys fall into the water right away. Just sayin'. Don't ask me how I know...

It's a good time if you like upbeat pop style music. The crew jokes around with everyone. The drinks are weak, the lunch is worth the extra cost of the morning. We prefer the morning trip. It seems more popular, and the fellow guests on your boat can make the trip even better. We've been on a 1/2 full ship and it just wasn't as upbeat, not as many people up dancing on the sail back. There are shade areas and sunny areas available on the boat. The ladder is pretty stable getting in and out. I never do the rope swing but my husband does, it's all about upper body strength, if you can do a pull up, you should be okay. If not, you might drop quickly.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    hahahahaha much fun to watch
    big old fat ladies like me too.........my son has a video of me from probably 10 - 15 yrs ago that he will someday use as blackmail.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    A tip. Big old fat guys fall into the water right away. Just sayin'. Don't ask me how I know...

We did the JP trip on our first trip. Haven't been back but not because we didn't like it. We had a lot of fun. I guess it's time to go again, skipping the rope swing.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We enjoyed our 2x on Jolly Pirate with family. When it's Rob and I only we LOVE the Black Pearl.
    We aren't as adventurous as our kids.
    i will say we did the Dolphin snorkel boat 2 weeks ago and that was kinda small for our liking.

We had a great time on the jolly pirate and are pushing 60. We did the afternoon trip and will do it again.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Welcome Newbie

back issues/previous surgeries keep us from being adventurous
    previous trips were fun though and I would recommend the JP

Quote Originally Posted by tooldogg View Post
    We had a great time on the jolly pirate and are pushing 60. We did the afternoon trip and will do it again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast