Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Jolly Pirate

Mangel Halto for snorkeling, Palm and Arashi for beach time.
    We did the morning trip and expected more of the "pirate" stuff, but it was funny anyway. My wife and I didn't do the rope swing (she wanted to, but wasn't feeling that great on the day we took the tour), so we just kept watching and taking pictures. The day was clear and we could see a good deal of the Antilla wreck.

All the best from Brazil

Marcio

JP is very fun. We have done it a few times. The gang I have gone with are all in their mid 40's and we all do the swing (I've never been able to do a pull up ). I'd say the key for going farther is pushing off the best you can, and try not to let go until you feel your away from the ship. I have lots of pictures, and we all look silly doing it! Good stuff

We did it last march, and had a blast.

It was my third trip to Aruba, and my first JP experience.

Great as a party of 2, and probably more fun with a larger group.

Other travelers were great, but accept it for what it is - a snorkel and drinking boat trip! They post great reviews and pictures on facebook as well.

Only downside last year (and a major one!) is I made a dumb decision after the trip and ended up breaking my ankle severely on the beach/water immediately after we got off the boat.

No fault of JP, completely my own.

Cut my trip short, and a lot of surgery and recovery.

But, I am headed back to Aruba in less than a month, because I love the island so much!

Aruba since 1979
    sorry to hear of your ankle, but glad you are doing a "redo in less than a month"

welcome to your first posting.

Quote Originally Posted by DougKnutson View Post
    We did it last march, and had a blast.

It was my third trip to Aruba, and my first JP experience.

Great as a party of 2, and probably more fun with a larger group.

Other travelers were great, but accept it for what it is - a snorkel and drinking boat trip! They post great reviews and pictures on facebook as well.

Only downside last year (and a major one!) is I made a dumb decision after the trip and ended up breaking my ankle severely on the beach/water immediately after we got off the boat.

No fault of JP, completely my own.

Cut my trip short, and a lot of surgery and recovery.

But, I am headed back to Aruba in less than a month, because I love the island so much!

My family including two small children went and it was a blast, they loved it. Some may have had a few drinks, but you could not tell, people were having fun without being drunk. The rope swing is awesome, but I need to give that up..getting old...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    sorry to hear of your ankle, but glad you are doing a "redo in less than a month"

welcome to your first posting.
    Thanks! Will be my fourth time to Aruba - have always stayed at La Cabana previously, but this time there are 10 of us that rented a house by Tierra Del Sol, so it should be a very different but great trip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12