Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Jolly pirate report

Yesterday we did a day trip with the Jolly Pirates (two families a party of 10). We were really pleased. The crew was entertaining. The snorkel sites were interesting. The kids enjoyed the rope swing. Lunch was good and after a few free drinks we felt like pirates :-)

Iguana Joe's, Miss the Natural Bridge, Butterfly Farm
    We went on the Jolly Pirate back on our trip, first time for me, and it was great. The crew was awesome and my daughter and friend did the rope swing with the crew and some great pics with the backflips...

On a side note I was watching TV last week, America's Dumbest Tourists, and the JP was on. A guy from Houston was on the rope swing and missed the ocean and landed on the rail of the boat and onto the deck. Ouch! It was kinda funny though. There is only 1 basic instruction, let go...
    Mike M

Pool Side in

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    A guy from Houston was on the rope swing and missed the ocean and landed on the rail of the boat and onto the deck. Ouch! It was kinda funny though. There is only 1 basic instruction, let go...
    Sounds like "operator error"

The kids in our group had a great time as well. AND they were "only" drinking soda!

Jolly Pirates

Hi there, has anyone been on the scuba/snorkel/ BBQ/ Rope swing tour for this? Sounds good but we are kinda laid back and just want to make sure this would be fun and not just touristy. Any info would be much appreciated!
    Thanks

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Fun to be had by all. Not touristy, captain and crew wicked friendly. Rope swing ( not for me) but the rest of my family loves it. I think my 2 teen daughters went 10 x each. Booze flows freely. The one we went on was 2 stops with snorkeling. DOn't remember food, it could have been there..lol.
    Truely a nice ship run with quality people that want you to enjoy it.

Aruba since 1979
    agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Fun to be had by all. Not touristy, captain and crew wicked friendly. Rope swing ( not for me) but the rest of my family loves it. I think my 2 teen daughters went 10 x each. Booze flows freely. The one we went on was 2 stops with snorkeling. DOn't remember food, it could have been there..lol.
    Truely a nice ship run with quality people that want you to enjoy it.

We were always reluctant to go out on the Jolly Pirates because we thought it was a big touristy boat, but we went last summer and had a great time. it is a big boat with lots of people and kids (not a quiet day on the water for sure), but it is well run and the crew is terrific. You can sip or drink and relax or go crazy on the swing rope-whatever suits you. The snorkel spots are basically the same as most of the snorkel trips and you'll get to see plenty of fish.

We booked Jolly Pirate sunset cruise can't wait. No food but rope swing and drinks !!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

we booked the black pearl

We were interested in a relaxing trip, not a booze cruise. Had nice padded seating, relaxed, snorkeled, and just enjoyed Aruba.

I would recommend the Black Pearl for anyone looking to snorkel and just relax.

Aruba since 1979
    question.???
    How difficult is it to climb back on board the Black Pearl from down in the water?
    Lots of folks (me included) have a hard time climbing up a vertical ladder that drops over the sides of the boat. I think on the catamarans it is angled and more like a flight of stairs, but climbing up the side is most difficult.

a friend of mine snorkeled with the tranquilo and she was literally hauled up into the dinghy after the snorkeling.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisinStl View Post
    we booked the black pearl

We were interested in a relaxing trip, not a booze cruise. Had nice padded seating, relaxed, snorkeled, and just enjoyed Aruba.

I would recommend the Black Pearl for anyone looking to snorkel and just relax.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast