Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Jolly pirate report

i'd say the best example of their steps, would be attic steps. The area you get into the water is not viewable, it's still flat part of the boat, till he unlocks it, and then it lowers, and you have steps, that allow you into the water. So it's nothing they throw over side.

And they will help you up, i really didnt see anyone have problems getting down or up, and we had 20 people, in age, that ranged from 16 to 60ish.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the response, will be there 7/16-7/22... cant wait!

Aruba since 1979
    so it is more "step like" than "ladder like?"

thanks for the post!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisinStl View Post
    i'd say the best example of their steps, would be attic steps. The area you get into the water is not viewable, it's still flat part of the boat, till he unlocks it, and then it lowers, and you have steps, that allow you into the water. So it's nothing they throw over side.

And they will help you up, i really didnt see anyone have problems getting down or up, and we had 20 people, in age, that ranged from 16 to 60ish.

Yes, like steps

And they will help you down or up the steps.

We have been on the Jolly Pirates twice before for the sunset sail and are reserved for mid July with a group of 24. Everyone will enjoy it. This year we have ages from 2 years to 72 years old. Wear your bathing suit and enjoy the rope swing.

My wife and I have done the Jolly Pirates cruise everytime we go..its almost routine if there was any such thing. The crew is superb and even the food was good if you elect that cruise. We had three stops: Antilla Wreck, Boca Catalina and Malmok, the roughest water is always the Antilla wreck, but its rewarding when you get to see this massive ship under the water...they do issue you inflatable vests to keep you on the surface...that is the only location I wear it as I am not a strong swimmer. Everywhere else is pretty calm...the acrobatic show they perform and the rope swing is awesome to watch, I have yet to 'man up' and do the swing. The fish are pretty awesome to see and in some cases interact with. The little zebra striped fish are always looking for a handout of stale bread or fish food LOL...either way you'll enjoy being out snorkling. Work of advice, bring plenty of SUNSCREEN! Plus the cruise back in proves comical as they do silly drinking games and dancing. I was picked to participate our last time out and it was interesting to say the least Especially making a fool of myself in front of my inlaws..LOL..Its truely hard to be disappointed with anything though in the home away from home ARUBA!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123