Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By EricaLovesAruba!
  • 1 Post By Traceyd14
  • 1 Post By WaltVB

Thread: Jolly Pirate Ship

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)

Question Jolly Pirate Ship

Ahoy!

I signed my husband and I up for the Jolly Pirate afternoon sail for next Friday. Has anyone been on it? How was it? Was the food any good?

Aruba since 1979
    Havent been on it for a looong time.
    But many folks have a blast and i think i have never heard complaints about the food.
    Let us know when you return.
    Have fun.

We always have a great time. We will always go when we are in Aruba. My husband loves the rope swing. The crowd on the ship can make or break it. We've been twice where the crowd was a lot of fun, up and dancing. Our last trip the crowd was more mellow and relaxed. The crew is always really fun. I am not sure on this, but I think the food is only served on the earlier trip, not the afternoon sail. We like the food, it was better than expected. Its bbq chicken and a few ribs, a side like rice or potato salad and I think a piece of melon. As for the snorkeling, the first stop is the Antilla ship wreck. For a beginning snorkeler, the water can be a little choppy here. I don't really like this stop, but the other two are great.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Ropeswing!

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Thanks for the feedback! I can't wait to go, I am glad the food is good. The rope swing does look like a lot of fun! I am excited, my husband can't snorkel because he has a mustache but I think the rope swing and open bar will keep him entertained!

Quote Originally Posted by devilsangel7681 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! I can't wait to go, I am glad the food is good. The rope swing does look like a lot of fun! I am excited, my husband can't snorkel because he has a mustache but I think the rope swing and open bar will keep him entertained!
    Every time we have been there are people who don't snorkel, so I'm sure your husband will be fine. Even when the rope swing wasn't open we had fun jumping off the boat too, up on the bow where the rope swing area is.

I have a goatee and mustache and snorkel all of the time. There are a few websites with tips on how to trim your mustache/beard and mask sealing tricks like a bit of vaseline. One of the best things your husband could do is go to a dive shop and have a mask fitted to his face. I did, my wife even got a mask with prescription lenses. The generic masks they give out on the snorkel cruises (Jolly Pirates, Mi Dushi, etc.) are not of the highest quality, and are somewhat old and have a lot of hours on them. We also have invested in our own snorkels and fins, and pack them in our suitcase so we can go snorkel anywhere we want, when we want. We also know how our stuff was sanitized. Not saying they aren't sanatized well on the cruises, but it gives us peace of mind. I highly recommend your husband try the snorkeling, Aruba has some beautiful sights under the sea. There is plenty of time for the bar between dive sites, and an ice cold Balashi sure gets that salty taste out of your mouth.
    Last edited by WaltVB; 06-10-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    re: the masks being sanitized.........i prefer keeping our germs with us and letting the other germs reside with their owners. we too always use our own equipment!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I have a goatee and mustache and snorkel all of the time. There are a few websites with tips on how to trim your mustache/beard and mask sealing tricks like a bit of vaseline. One of the best things your husband could do is go to a dive shop and have a mask fitted to his face. I did, my wife even got a mask with prescription lenses. The generic masks they give out on the snorkel cruises (Jolly Pirates, Mi Dushi, etc.) are not of the highest quality, and are somewhat old and have a lot of hours on them. We also have invested in our own snorkels and fins, and pack them in our suitcase so we can go snorkel anywhere we want, when we want. We also know how our stuff was sanitized. Not saying they aren't sanatized well on the cruises, but it gives us peace of mind. I highly recommend your husband try the snorkeling, Aruba has some beautiful sights under the sea. There is plenty of time for the bar between dive sites, and an ice cold Balashi sure gets that salty taste out of your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    re: the masks being sanitized.........i prefer keeping our germs with us and letting the other germs reside with their owners. we too always use our own equipment!
    Same here, we have our own masks and snorkels. My husband has a fancy dive shop one and I just have a generic one from Dick's sporting goods that was around $30 and works great. It also makes finding your partner in the group a little easier if you have different colors. We have yellow and pink. We don't travel with our own fins though, they just take up too much space for me.