Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jolly Pirates

We just got back and did the Jolly Pirates. Kids ages 9, 10, and 14. We all loved it! It was a really fun afternoon and so memorable for the kids. We only did the afternoon snorkel but it was perfect, just enough. We got to their office and the beach right there a few hours early, had lunch at the little beach bar right in front of their office (not sure of the name but it's under a big coconut hut). Good food for kids, the guys sat and had cold beers, then we went in the ocean right there. there was an outdoor shower and bathrooms there too. The crew on the Jolly Pirates was fabulous. Really friendly and fun. They handed out snorkels, fins, lifejackets for those who wanted to snorkel at the different sites. There was plenty of shade on the boat if you didn't want to get sun. And then there were neat places to sit up on the nets in the bow, like being in a hammock over the water. They had booze and also non alcoholic drinks. I did bring a little cooler with snacks for the kids. The rope swing at the end was the highlight for the kids. Great fun day for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Island-girl View Post
    had lunch at the little beach bar right in front of their office (not sure of the name but it's under a big coconut hut). Good food for kids, the guys sat and had cold beers, then we went in the ocean right there. there was an outdoor shower and bathrooms there too.
    MoomBa

Yes that helps!! Thank you!!! We leave for Aruba on 4/7...very excited!!! ))

We have been on Jolly Pirates twice. I want to make sure that you understand there are people drinking and dancing and flirting on the tour. If your family prefers that your children are not exposed to alcohol, you may want to reconsider and look for another snorkeling trip. That being said, no one on either sailing with us was out of control or inappropriate. We have friends that prefer their children are not around drinking and well, I would not recommend the trip to them. We love it - it's our favorite excursion, but Jolly Pirates has an open bar. People drink and the dancing can get a little flirtatious. Just make sure you are okay with that.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

One more thought, we only went in the mornings but a couple we met on our trip said the crowd in the afternoon when they went was more rowdy. I am guessing the 9am start time can be a deterent for the hard core party types.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Mangel Halto for snorkeling, Palm and Arashi for beach time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I am guessing the 9am start time can be a deterent for the hard core party types.
    Good to know We booked the 9 AM trip and, although we do like to have fun, I don't want anyone flirting with my beautiful wife-to-be (except for me, of course).

All the best from Brazil

Marcio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12