Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jolly Pirates or Mi Dushi?

Jolly Pirates or Mi Dushi?

If you've been on either or both of these excursions, can you share on which sail you went (sunset, snorkeling, etc.) and what you liked and didn't like about your experience. I'd especially like to know what you thought if you've been on both of these boats and can compare them. Thanks!

I've been on the Mi Dushi. We did the morning cruise and snorkel. We went to three sites to snorkel, had lunch and returned. The crew was a lot of fun and very helpful. The food was average. Mi Dushi has a rope swing too which was a lot of fun.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I will tell you that we had a blast on MiDUshi about 2 years ago for the first hour, but a situation on the boat changed my tune when one of the guys that worked on the boat PUSHED my teen daughter off that plank that you stand on waiting for the rope swing. He came up behind her and shoved her off. No warning, just did it.He thought it was funny, my daughter did not. She was actually frightened. We will not patronize that boat again.

Jolly Pirates sail
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f10/jolly-pirates-sail-32301/

Jolly Pirates is a fun and active day. I wrote about our experience here.

Dd on the rope swing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Zb6np1n0o
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 04-20-2009 at 09:29 AM.

I have been on Jolly Pirates a few years ago. Great time. I don't think there is much of a difference between the two. Both have rope swings and both usually go to 3 spots. My wife and I will probably have to try one of these again. We haven't in awhile since we love the private snorkel tour (Franks Place, Roberto's, etc. on Eagle beach)...unless we find another couple to join us and split the cost of a private tour. [June 5-14 @ Hyatt]

Can't say enough about the Jolly Pirates!! We've gone out with them a few times now and have had awesome experiences My little pirates can't wait to go back in August
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Hi Aruba4Life,

We have been on both the Mi Dushi and the Jolly Pirates, and honestly the two are so similar we wouldn't recommend one over the other. We had an excellent time on both, and are looking forward to doing them again this year. The only things to consider (in my opinion) would be if there are excursions that are convenient for you ~ if I recall, they offered slightly different packages and time slots but the price was very close (maybe within $5-$10 difference). We did the Mi Dushi snorkeling sail and had a blast, and we did the Jolly Pirates sunset sail and it was also great. I recall that we had lunch included on the Mi Dushi, but not on the Jolly Pirates but that also depends on which package you choose. While we were on the Mi Dushi, the Jolly Pirates ship went to all the same places we went, and they had an identical experience. Either way, I think you will have fun.

Jolly Pirates

We were in Aruba last week - March 16 to March 23 and went on the Jolly Pirate on the 20th - we had a blast! We went on the cruise that leaves at 9:30 am and included lunch. We went to the wreck first. It was very windy that day and very choppy seas. I had never snorkeled before. The captain recommended that if you had never snorkled, you might want to skip this one. I should have listened. I had a tough time and didn't see anything. I told him he was right when I got back on the boat! The second and third stops were great. Calm waters and lots of fish. We had lunch at the last stop and they they start the rope swing. I wasn't sure whether or not to try it as I'm far from a "20 something", but I did and it was great. The video my boyfriend shot shows I wasn't as graceful as some of the others, but I did it and was quite proud of myself. The young men working on the boat put on quite a show from the swing doing flips and such. We had lunch at this stop which I thought was very good - ribs, cole slaw, pasta salad, melon - and an open bar the whole trip. All in all, we had a great time and would definitely do it again and would highly recommend it to anyone, any age!

I think I've told this story before here...but long LONG story short...my husband lost his wedding band while snorkeling on Jolly Pirates and the crew stopped and helped us look which just melts my heart
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I havn't been on either, but after talking to friends who have been on both...I'll be going on Jolly Pirates. Didn't hear anything negative about either one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast