Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jolly Pirates or Mi Dushi?

Kicking back and relaxing for two weeks, on the beach.. Jewelry Shopping and the Alhambra...........
    If you go on either, make it later on in your vacation as for it seems like alot of sun. I went on the Midushi years ago. It was fun, crew was great and funny. If you get sea sick, dont go. My sister in law got off the boat early as she was sick.. TO much Sun!!!

Without any doubt the Jolly Pirates!

They have the best crew and will give you an excellent 'pirate' show!

Enjoy the trip.

ps. They have a better value for a better price

Jolly Pirates, definately

I went on the Jolly Pirates half day cruise in January and I absolutely loved it. The crew was friendly and helpful. The music great. The snorkeling sites outstanding. And of course the rope swing was a major hit. One crew member will pick a lucky girl to take on his back and do a flip with. I was one of the lucky girls this has happened to and it was amazing. After my awesome day out I had wished I had gone on the longer excursion because you just become so close to the crew and the other people on the snorkeling cruise.

Midushi Experienced

Been on it 4 times and it was a riot. If you drink, and I do, you will drink more than what you paid to cruise. The snorkeling was great and the ladies loved my speedo, yellow in color. Enjoy,hope you cruise when I do. Chad

After our trip on the Jolly Pirates today.....I vote Jolly Pirates.

Nice trip, price is right (internet 12% discount), good crew.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I tend to get seasick if the water is real choppy. Is it usually very rough?
    Also, I have a shoulder problem and need easy access getting in and out of the water for snorkeling - how is that on these boats?
    Whats the restroom like?
    Thanks!

Roughness on any excursion which goes to the Antilla is going to vary by the amount of wind that day.

Aruba since 1979
    as lisa says the choppiness is dependent on the wind and other environmental factors.
    re: seasickness, i got sick on jolly many yrs ago and left early!!

some of the boats, jolly for example has a ladder that goes over the side and one climbs up. it is a vertical ladder/ some call it stairs. it is similar to a vertical swimming pool ladder. grab rails on each side. climbing out/up and the rocking motion and the waves make for interesting attempts.

i have arthritis in my neck and have found it somewhat difficult.

i think the catamaran boats have more "set of stair like" ladders to climb out.

Quote Originally Posted by Meenie View Post
    I tend to get seasick if the water is real choppy. Is it usually very rough?
    Also, I have a shoulder problem and need easy access getting in and out of the water for snorkeling - how is that on these boats?
    Whats the restroom like?
    Thanks!

Arrow Jolly Pirates and Mi Dushi

Someone on the forum recently asked the difference between Jolly Pirates and Mi Dushi.
    Please forgive me for not remembering who, but here is some information.

It was me Lisa, cause like the posters said here on page one, there doesn't seem to be much difference between the two at all. That is why I wondered if it was redundant to book both. However, in retrospect, I have realized that they offer different packages and you can do a snorkel cruise or a sunset cruise. Therefore, I have decided that we will do a snorkel cruise on Black Pearl as they seem really nice (been in touch via email) and I can bring Maya onto that one. There's also only 20 people on that boat, everyone gets a lounge seat, food, drinks and fun. Seems to be a quieter sailing than Jolly Pirates. It's a good deal too at $45 for 3 hours booked online.
    I would also like to do a sunset cruise but am not sure if it's worth it if we do the Black Pearl (I will have to go back and check the times and website). If we do a sunset, it will likely be with Mi Dushi since I like that it's a little different as a rowed boat, no engines and dates back to 1925. Kind of neat to see.
    Any other advice is appreciated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast